Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how I can do the backup camera wiring without affecting curtain airbags deployment. Has anybody done it before? Thank you.
Honda Pilot 2006 EXL

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I would like to know how I can do the backup camera wiring without affecting curtain airbags deployment. Has anybody done it before? Thank you.
Honda Pilot 2006 EXL
I'm not sure how the back-up camera wiring can effect your SRS. What I do know is if you disconect the ground cable/terminal from your battery and wait 10 minutes before unclipping wiring harnesses from airbags, you will not create any issues with the system.

Reactions: WannaLearn

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
57 Posts
I'm not sure how the back-up camera wiring can effect your SRS. What I do know is if you disconect the ground cable/terminal from your battery and wait 10 minutes before unclipping wiring harnesses from airbags, you will not create any issues with the system.
I think his concern is with the wire routing, as some run that wire along the roof-line, and with the 06-08's side curtains could see that being a problem.

Honda Pilot 2006 EXL
As for the solution, just run the along the floorboards like you would if you were to install a stereo system (if I'm understanding your concern correctly).

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I think his concern is with the wire routing, as some run that wire along the roof-line, and with the 06-08's side curtains could see that being a problem.

As for the solution, just run the along the floorboards like you would if you were to install a stereo system (if I'm understanding your concern correctly).
Ah, ok. You could run a wire behind the bag, but that just seem to be a harder route to go.

Reactions: WannaLearn
1 - 4 of 4 Posts