Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what the backup camera looks like. It's the chrome housing to the immediate right of the license plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the display on the Navi unit when the Pilot is in reverse. The color picture shows what is immediately behind the Pilot.

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what it looks like when a small child runs behind the Pilot. Don't worry, she wasn't in any danger. The motor was off when I shifted it into reverse.

The camera points toward the ground. That't the top of the rear bumper you see at the bottom of the image. My daughter is about four feet tall but it cut her head off because the camera looks so sharply downward.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
My God

I only knew those RVs had this feature! Way to go!!!

Really cool.. love it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
These are very very helpful. It is amazing how much easier it is to park at a meter on a city street. You do have to get use to it though. You cannot see how close you are to pilars and walls where the outmost portion of your bumper/quarter panel is and it is possible to misjudge when backing up....just ask my wife (who had a little incident nudging my brother's car. grrrr.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
ChuckW, thanks for the pictures. I am considering getting the rearview camera also. I can't tell for sure from the pics, though - about how far behind and to the sides of the camera can you see?

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
311 Posts
As you can tell the camera lens is a wide-angle type lens. However, the field of vision is not all that wide as you are moving and you do need to pay attention to what might be on the sides of your Pilot as you back up. My wife tried backing up only looking at the screen and slightly nicked the car next to and behind where she was parked (my brother's car - ouch!). It really just takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Mkell and ChuckW:

How well does the rear view camera work when it is dark outside? Just ordered the camera and will install it myself.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the backup lights on you can still see well enough to navigate. In lower light it doesn't pick up color anymore so it's more like one of those low-light night vision images you see on the news. Just not green and not really a low-light system...

·
Registered
311 Posts
ChuckW has described it well. Seeing is believing.

ChuckW said:
With the backup lights on you can still see well enough to navigate. In lower light it doesn't pick up color anymore so it's more like one of those low-light night vision images you see on the news. Just not green and not really a low-light system...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts