Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....WTF!
P219A popped up on my '18 EX-L the other day. Took it in yesterday to have the codes read, verified my VIN was part of the bulletin, which it was, and sure enough, the injectors are backordered with no ETA. :mad: Anyone else run into this?
Klein Honda in Everett, WA was helpful, and prepared to do all the work under the extended warranty, with no charge for any diagnostics...but to have such a vital, warranted part out of stock is not acceptable.

Did get my hood latch reinforcement recall done, but now I gotta wait, its summer, and the missus and kids wanna go places.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
989 Posts
The injector kits are probably still in high demand and they are not manufactured in-house, so chalk another one up to supply chain issues that a lot of companies are facing these days.

·
Registered
962 Posts
....WTF!
P219A popped up on my '18 EX-L the other day. Took it in yesterday to have the codes read, verified my VIN was part of the bulletin, which it was, and sure enough, the injectors are backordered with no ETA. :mad: Anyone else run into this?
Klein Honda in Everett, WA was helpful, and prepared to do all the work under the extended warranty, with no charge for any diagnostics...but to have such a vital, warranted part out of stock is not acceptable.

Did get my hood latch reinforcement recall done, but now I gotta wait, its summer, and the missus and kids wanna go places.
Is it drivable? They hook you up with a loaner?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey did you hear back from your dealer on timing? I dropped my 17 off on Monday and they just told me now its on backorder. Supposed to drive 3000 miles across the country next weds. WTF.

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't heard back yet. I'm doing a 500 mile round trip starting tomorrow and it taken plenty of fuel injector cleaner. I've should have ordered the injector kit online and brought it to the dealership

·
Registered
79 Posts
yep they are in stock on the website I just checked. sent it to my dealer. I'm sure that would be against policy or something. I'm not doing a 6000+ mile round trip with this error code.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
989 Posts
yep they are in stock on the website I just checked. sent it to my dealer. I'm sure that would be against policy or something. I'm not doing a 6000+ mile round trip with this error code.
Unfortunately the injector kits that are used for the dealer warranty service are not available for sale. These kits include all the gaskets, fuel connector pipes and the 6 injectors. You may be able to piece one together with the individual parts but I am not sure if the dealer is willing to do this. Also it may be one or more of the other parts in the kit that is backordered.
For what it's worth, I drove my 16EXL for a few thousand miles after getting the first code which was a P0430 and the car ran fine. I did use some injector cleaner and the code went away for several months over the summer but it did come back and fortunately at that point Honda had issued the SB and extended the warranty on them so I got them replaced then. The only thing that doesn't work with an emissions error, is the remote start which is no biggie.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So I am waiting on the backordered parts. Dealer is telling me car is OK to drive, this issue doesn't ruin the cats, etc. I am supposed to drive the car to Oregon from NY (3k miles) next week. I'm like yeah, I'm not comfortable breaking down in Nebraska, not gonna do that. I'm worried about fouling the cats ($$$) or otherwise breaking down. Am I crazy here?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
So are there other threads regarding this issue, and have there been any vehicles that went into limp mode or stalled because of it? Or is it just an annoying CEL that doesn't impact drivability, or materially impact MPG, etc? If the latter, I wouldn't hesitate to drive a long trip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So are there other threads regarding this issue, and have there been any vehicles that went into limp mode or stalled because of it? Or is it just an annoying CEL that doesn't impact drivability, or materially impact MPG, etc? If the latter, I wouldn't hesitate to drive a long trip.
I was in same predicament and took a 8 hour trip and it went into limp mode. Had to get it towed dealership and get it fixed. I wouldn’t recommend a long road trip.

·
Registered
2018 EX-L AWD
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Made the long road trip. 5hrs each way, and in some decent heat. CEL never came on. Still waiting on backordered injector kit....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts