Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I intend to purchase 2004 Pilot as soon as they become available from Honda. I'm currently trying to access what OEM accessories will best enhance and protect my new Pilot without spending a small fortune. With that thought in mind, I've noticed that two Pilots in my hometown have sustained damage to the rear passenger side brake light/turn signal lens. Because I was unable to speak to the owners of these particular Pilots regarding the exact cause of this damage, I was wondering if any Pilot owner has damaged their rear passenger side brake light/turn signal lens while backing up and if you now wish you had spent the extra money and had the Back Up Sensor installed when your Pilot was new.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I haven't damaged my tail lights but my backup sensors have been helpful. A few days ago my backup sensors alerted me to the presence of a friend's car that was parked too close to my Pilot to see in the rear view mirror. Very helpful.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your post ChuckW. In the April Annual Auto Issue of Consumer Reports, CU had a small section on the backup sensors and how they can help reduce the blind spot problem. CU plans to do a report on tests regarding backup senors and rear-view video cameras later this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts