Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The backing on the 40 side of our third row seat detaches itself! The backing is intalled with "pins" that insert into the seat however the seats seems to be a little tight so when you move one seat against the other you can pop the backing off - ie fold the 40 part down when the 60 section remains up. It reinserts OK but afraid that if this continues eventually it will just be loose and won't stay tightly attached to back of the seat. Will discuss it with the dealer but not sure how they could move the seat to provide greater seperation. Anyone else have this problem? Otherwise we love the pilot - just took it across the Canadian Rockies and powered past more than a few SUV's climbing up some long grades.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've had my third row of seats up and down a hundred times in actual use and showing people how easy they are and I have never had this issue. It could be that your seats are too close. They may be able to adjust them a little by taking the tension of the bolts and moving each in the opposite direction before retightening. It shouldn't take much separation to keep that from happening.

I would still ask them to do something though about the looseness of that back. Regardless of if they can separate the seats enough, as you said, now that it has been off a few times may mean that it never fully stays on. It may even start to fall off as you are driving with the seat in the upraight position.

I will have to run and check mine later to see if it is easy to pull off.

·
Registered
113 Posts
genedoc : You are not alone, the same thing was happening to my Pilot's third seat backing, but, it was on the 60% part. I took the Pilot back to my dealer to show the probem. They ordered a new backing and got it installed, yesterday, under warranty. They think it was because of some warpage of the material on the original backing. Talk to your dealer. ( the part number that they replaced was 82527-S9V-A01ZB for 60% side, if your dealer asks too many Q's , it is also called as CVR.L.R704485, I think it stands for cover-rear-left)

Keep us posted

KE

·
Registered
19 Posts
3rd row seat backing

I have the same problem with the 40% side of the third row seat. I agree that the seats appear to be too close to each other and this causes the rubbing of the two sides.

Not a major issue for me. It will wait for the first service to be addressed by the dealer.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I knew I remembered reading about this problem a couple of weeks ago, and so far it is the only problem I have encountered on my Pilot. I am going to wait a couple of weeks and make sure that I don't need any other warranty work done, but I definitely have a problem with the seat backs.

The carpet on the 3rd row 40 seat overlaps the 60 seat over 1/4 inch. It is very hard to put it down (my son likes to sit back there, but I need the 40 down so I can still fit the stroller for the littlest tyke in the vehicle). It really rubs the 60 seat on its way up/down. Not a major problem, but certainly one I will want to get fixed!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sounds like you need an adjustment in the seat itself to move the two seats a bit farther apart. Don't let them merely give you a new seatback as the same problem will likely continue to occur unless the seats are adjusted so that they do not come into contact.

Interestingly, shortly after the Pilot's roll-out I saw a demo Pilot with the 60 seatback popped off. Talk about an embarrassed salesman.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - the dealer ordered a new back and it has arrived so I'll be in tomorrow to have it installed - he figures that this one have simply had its carpet installed too loosely however will still ask whether the seats can be adjusted. will keep you posted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.