Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone;

Just wanted to drop a quick Hello and say I'm back in town. Been away on my honeymoon for the last 18 days. We had a great time out in Washington State and British Columbia. Saw a couple Pilots out there too. Now it's back to the old routine :(.

Paul

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
PaulV7: Welcome back to you and Erin from your honeymoon!!! Glad you two had a fun time and made it home safely -- last time I heard from you was at the D.C. luncheon (and that seemed like ages ago)!!!

Actually, I haven't heard much from klowry since the luncheon, either... :confused:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
HEY! What part of
Washington did you visit? What was the attraction?

Congratulations on the wedding/honeymoon and welcome back!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We went to Washington partly because neither of us had been to the north west. Most of the attraction was the mountains and coast. We originally wanted to go out of the country but when we planned the trip the war was in full swing so we decided it would be better to stay in the US.

-We stayed in Seattle for 1 day, did all the tourist things (space needle, pikes market ....)
-Went climbing out at North Bend for a day
-Then went to Rainer and did a hike up to a glacier camped out.
-Went to St. Helens but it was cloud covered, only thing that kinda sucked. Wasting all the driving time to see it and it the crater was cloud covered. But it was by no means bad, just time that could of been spent better.
-In Olympic national park went to Hoh rain forest, and did the 9 mile hike (Cape Alava Loop) on the coast. Cape Alava hike was really pretty and an easy hike (almost no elevation change)
-Then went to Port Angeles, spent a night there, walked around town
-Took the fairy onto Vancouver Island and spend a day in Victoria. Victoria is a great city. I don't like cities much but Victoria has a much more laid back vibe than any other city I have been to.
-Spent the night in a B&B in Sooke. Actually we spend most of the day before there too. We arrived there early and they let us have our room. It was so relaxing we ended up sitting around all day. Nice end to it all.

We broke the trip up by camping out 1 night then spending the next in a hotel. It was a great trip.

We spent 10 full days in Washington. Yup did all that in 10 days :D. Then flew to Maine where my grandmother has a cottage. We spend every July4th with our friends up there.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Wow, you were right up in my corner of Washington. The cloud cover problem happens alot in the mountains- kind of a game of chance when you go. Did you get up to Hurricane Ridge? I hiked all the way up and it was completely foggen in, couldn't see 5 feet in front of me, and I went up for the never-ending view. Oh well.
I camped a lot in the Hoh rainforest, it's beautiful. Sol Duc is nice too, but more crowded.
Seattle is great if you walk. Did you check out Safeco Field? Beautiful ball park.
You two sound like real outdoorsy types, we'd progbably get along great :) If you ever come back this way, i can point you to new places to check out.

Congrats again, paulv7!
Next we'll hear that you and your wife are expecting ;) (Pilot ownership seems to do this)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We wanted to check out Hurricane Ridge but the day we were driving back from BC to Seattle was fogged in and it looked like rain. Rain wouldn't of been bad but we didn't feel the hike would of been that great if we couldn't of seen the view. Plus it leaves more to do if we ever get the chance to get out there again :).

As for expecting I hope that's not for a couple more years. I can barely keep myself cleaned and fed let along having to worry about someone else :D

Next summer we are talking about trying to take a long road trip. So we may stop back in that area. Just depends if I can talk my work into giving me another week of vacation time instead of money. Which I think works out better for both of my work and me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
HEY!!

Welcome back PaulV7!!! Congrats on your wedding and honeymoon! I too have been away, not quite as exciting though, we have been on vacation at the beach for a week and before that I have just been reading since the luncheon. Kemosabe, I am still here just a bit different :) PualV7, I hope you took Photos of your trip, was your pilot with you on any of your trip??

Good to see you back and say Hello to MRS PAULV7 for US!!!! :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Pilot stayed home for the trip. I wanted to take her but the airline said she wouldn't fit in my carry-on. I refused to check her into luggage. They'r so rough with luggage these days. :D My company let me leave her in the warehouse so she stayed dry and fairly clean.

As for pictures we got some but not many. We would get about 1 mile into a hike and realize we left the camera in the car. We almost bought a digital camera before heading out. The only one we have is Erin's good camera (big) and not something that is fun to carry around on hikes.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
PaulV7 said:

[snip]
As for pictures we got some but not many. We would get about 1 mile into a hike and realize we left the camera in the car. We almost bought a digital camera before heading out. The only one we have is Erin's good camera (big) and not something that is fun to carry around on hikes.
PaulV7,
We went through the same thing over the July 4th weekend - a nice 20-some-odd mile bike ride one day and a nice 4-5 mile hike the next and NO camera. I have a Fuji which is a great camera (IMHO), but way too large to carry on bike rides and hikes. As soon as we got home I started researching and settled on one of the new Canon Elph cameras. Ordered it on line and got it about 2 weeks ago and LOVE it!!!

:) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts