Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2003 Pilot a number of years back, purchased from a friend. We really enjoyed having it and took several comfortable trips in it, with the DVD player keeping the kiddo's quiet in the back.

The only family member that objected was our aging golden retriever, who had difficulty getting in. When another friend outgrew their Odyssey and replaced it with an E-350 Ford van, I bought that Odyssey.

Our Pilot wasn't getting much use, and when a friend collided with a deer, I lent him the Pilot so he didn't have to rent a car while his car was being fixed. The insurance totalled his car, which is stupid if you saw how little work it needed. Anyway, he had mentioned several times how much he liked the Pilot. I told my wife that I am going to get him in the Pilot. A deal was made and he couldn't be happier, even now 5 years later.

The Odyssey was much more agreeable to Solomon our dog, though. My wife still loves the Odyssey, but with school open again, I wanted to be able to pick the kids up on my way home from work, and the Camry I have been using just is not big enough. I looked at the ad's hoping to find a nice Pilot, and kept missing the nicer ones by a few minutes.

This EX-L was on Facebook marketplace for a few days. I didn't have any interest in one that wasn't perfect, so I never gave it a thought for about a week. Then I messaged the seller asking for a better picture of the dented left side.

He sent me the photo and offered a lower price. I decided that since it was only about 15 minutes away, I would go look at it. I drove it and thought it would work for me, but thought my wife would turn it down at first sight. I decided that I would buy it and fix the body.

It's been two weeks now, and most of the parts are found and are on their way. It won't be much of an undertaking to repair it, as the damage is entirely cosmetic.

I should mention, that my wife grew up in Japan, where every car you see looks like it came straight from the detailer's shop. They are OCD about clean cars over there, so my wife isn't a fan of poorly kept cars. I will post some before and after photo's of this '06.

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,378 Posts
Welcome back to the Pilot. The Pilot you purchased looks great, even with the ding on the driver side.

If you make it look showroom quality this time, then the same will be expected every time a new dent or scratch appears.😁

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,894 Posts
I should mention, that my wife grew up in Japan, where every car you see looks like it came straight from the detailer's shop. They are OCD about clean cars over there, so my wife isn't a fan of poorly kept cars.
Nice color
IIRC, like 90% of the cars in Japan are white. How's she acclimatizing to having a colorful car?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A little more info about the Pilot:

The previous owner had it for 8 years. He had it regularly serviced, and it shows. I don't know when the timing belt is due, though and I am trying to find that out. (Yes I know this is a red light.) It has recent tires and a new windshield. The interior is in great shape, though it is a bit dirty. Almost no wear though.

It has the satellite radio, and I am enjoying using it. I also use the seat warmers all the time in the morning, and the sunroof coming home after work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts