Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Got back yeseterday from the family trip to the Black Hills and Yellowstone yesterday morning, I would have posted yesterday but after a marathon 21 hour drive home I was wasted!:1zhelp:
Things went well, it was the maiden trip for our new camper and the first real trip for the pilot. Had about 2000 or so miles on it when we left and added 3000 to it during the trip. Averaged 13.5 mpg:mad: during the trip with some off trailer time in there, I guess when you consider the air was on I tried to stay between 65 and 70 mph and I was pulling about 3000 lbs(I was secretly hoping for more).
It did quite well in the mountains and the RES was a blessing for my 2 girls and my sanity!:D
All in all a good trip although a little to much time behind the wheel. I will post a few pictures as I get time to resize them.

Matt:)

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the last post I made the picture too big. Anyway on with the show:
Pilot in the badlands!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Nice photos! How did the Pilot do up that rocky hill? That looks like so much fun :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It did good. That was a road in Grand Teton NP that on the map said 4-wheel drive vehicle only! So I had to check it out. There was only 3 places on the whole 15 mile section that would you would maybe need 4 wheel drive. Otherwise the road was just a long bumpy goat path that went on and on and on.

·
Registered
411 Posts
m-mmeyer,

Great pictures!

How did the Pilot handle the hitch weight? How far does the Pilot go down when you add the weight of the pop-up to the hitch?

Also, how do you like your Coleman? We're currently trying to decide on a pop-up :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pilot handles the trailer quite well. It sags abot 2 inches or so with the trailer on it and the back area of the pilot full of stuff. Not bad though. The only complaint is that you lose that great ride you have unloaded when you have a big trailer on the back, it tends to transmit everything from the trailer to the truck. I think thats when a large vehicle has a distinct advantage, sure all these mid size suvs and pick-ups can handle towing these weights but you don't have a mass advantage as a larger vehicle does.
The Coleman has been good so far, although that was her maiden voyage so time will tell. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major players in pop-ups (ie:Coleman, Jayco, Starcraft etc). We just liked the fit and finish of the coleman better. They tend to run more expensive though.

Matt

·
Registered
620 Posts
Money Shot?

You got back from Yellowstone and didn't include a shot of Old Faithful???

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I will as soon as I get home from work!:D

Matt

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
VERY cool pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!

It's good to know the Pilot does well towing a pop-up. We currently camp in tents, but one day may upgrade to the pop-up.:D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By popular demand.....well ok only Jet-pilot asked for it but anyway here is the Money shot:

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
m-mmeyer said:
By popular demand.....well ok only Jet-pilot asked for it but anyway here is the Money shot:
Ahhhh, so nice! Looks beautiful! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
kemosabe said:

Jet-Pilot-64 is ready to smoke a cigarette, now, after the money shot... :D
I'm not going to touch this one Kemo. Actually I think you did it so I would post a pic that would get me in trouble. :2:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jet-Pilot-64
Ahhhh, so nice! Looks beautiful! Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other requests? I took 470 pictures on our 1 week vaction I might just have photographed everything!:D

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
m-mmeyer said:
quote:
Any other requests? I took 470 pictures on our 1 week vaction I might just have photographed everything!:D

Digital of Film pictures?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts