Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This
Read a code from my 2016 Honda Pilot with 50k miles.
P2652"B" Rocker Arm Actuator System Stuck On Bank 1

Were is the sensor that I need to replace? or rocker arm actuator located?

Background:
A check engine warning flashed and said Emissions error. I read this error happens when your gas cap is loose on other cars.
I stuck my finger through the two gas flaps and immediately the emissions error and check engine light went away.
A few hours later I picked up a BluDriver bluetooth OBD2 sensor and read the P2652 code.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've decided that I'm going to replace both oil pressure switches and not wait until the second one goes bad.
I believe I've found the non-faulty pilot pressure switch located in the front left of the engine.
According to my research, "bank 1" may mean cylinder 1, so maybe the faulty oil pressure switch is near cylinder 1?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well dealer #1 where I purchased the car claims not covered under powertrain warranty.
Honda of USA just responded and stated that it would have been covered under emissions which is 50k (mine is 54k miles) NOT powertrain.

Halariously enough, she said the Orings are covered up to 60k miles...:LOL:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Attached is a document titled "Federal and California Emissions Warranties Parts List."

If you live in any of these states...
California, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York,
Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington
...then the Rocker Arm Control Oil Pressure Switch/Sensor is covered for 3 years / 50,000 miles under federal law.

I would press a dealer about this and maybe even Honda if you're within or close to the age/mileage allowance.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just did it myself. Easy. I did spend $100 on a BlueDriver to obtain the engine code. I'm impressed with it.
After I swapped out the correct oil pressure switch. It was fixed.
Thanks to Chipworkz, without that diagram I Couldn't have felt confident I was replacing the right piece without Chipworkz!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should mention that once I replaced the one oil pressure switch that had the issue (BlueDriver reported), my '16 Pilot drives like a dream!
The hesitation that was slowly coming back since I did the infamous tranny flush and reprogram is now completely gone again.
One has to wonder how long this oil pressure switch has been broken.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Reading threads like this make me glad I have an extended warranty.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading threads like this make me glad I have an extended warranty.
Yup, I regret not getting it. No sense being upset now.
I would argue though that the amount of money I've spent fixing things on my own will still be cheaper than your extended warranty.
Although add time plus frustration and I lose out quick.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ughhh, while replacing "rocker arm oil pressure switch B" which cleared the engine code, I found that "rocker arm oil pressure switch A" has a small oil leak.
Probably just o-ring, but for $35 I may just replace the o-ring and switch.
Apparently, this is a known problem with Honda Pilots.
I bet some of you have the same leak and just never noticed.
I'll add some pics for those that want to check their pilots.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts