Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what material the black B-Pillars between the front and rear doors are on the 2021 Pilot? It looks like just a black matte plastic, is that correct? Doesn’t appear to be the really glossy/shiny ones like some cars have. If someone who knows can confirm.

I got some fine scratches on mine the other day after I washed the car for the first time. Used a brand new microfiber sponge and all and they STILL scratched. Pretty annoyed about that being the car is only a couple weeks old. It’s not too noticeable from a distance but when you get close to the car and especially in the sunlight you can see them.

What would be the simplest/safest way to remove the scratches in this area? Just looking for a fairly easy, do-it-yourself solution that I can use. Does anyone else have scratches on theirs and what have you done to fix it?

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
v

·
Registered
11,325 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does anyone know what material the black B-Pillars between the front and rear doors are on the 2021 Pilot? It looks like just a black matte plastic, is that correct? Doesn’t appear to be the really glossy/shiny ones like some cars have. If someone who knows can confirm.

I got some fine scratches on mine the other day after I washed the car for the first time. Used a brand new microfiber sponge and all and they STILL scratched. Pretty annoyed about that being the car is only a couple weeks old. It’s not too noticeable from a distance but when you get close to the car and especially in the sunlight you can see them.

What would be the simplest/safest way to remove the scratches in this area? Just looking for a fairly easy, do-it-yourself solution that I can use. Does anyone else have scratches on theirs and what have you done to fix it?

Thank you.
I feel your pain. I scratched my pillars a week after I got my car in September going through narrow paths at an apple orchard. It definitely did annoy me but I just left it alone. I’ll revisit fixing it soon though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts