Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it is being discontinued, I've lost my "Aztek bashing" mojo. Kicking this thing is like kicking a dead dog, or a dead predator.

Somebody please help me out.

rtresco's above remark in another thread got me thinking.....

Gee, without the Aztek to kick around, where do we go from here??? In particular, we can't leave rtresco in the lurch....he needs a new ugly car to rejuvenate his "bashing mojo."

Anybody want to nominate a successor to wear the crown
of "World's Ugliest Auto"? :awais:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
pontiac vibe is pretty similar to the aztec

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks, Ziploc. I'm really hoping that our fellow Piloteers can help us out.

Thanks for the suggestion, rami. Not the best looking car in the world, but I just don't feel enough bad "vibes" from this one. Yes... I went there. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
The 1985 Family Truckster gets my vote:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Buick Rendezvous?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Santa Fe... DEFINITELY

Now that I think about it, it could have been the Tiburon for sure, but they got smart and redesigned it in '03. That car doesn't look bad at all... now.

However, the bug-eyed Santa Fe looks like somebody stuck an air hose up its tail pipe and tried to blow it up like a balloon.

Not of Aztek-caliber fugliness, but definitely fugly... IMHO .

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
It's funny

Just reading this thread, my two most laughable cars when I see them are the Aztek and Santa Fe (OK, I laugh at PT Cruisers as well). It makes me think that if you like the looks of the Pilot, you don't like the looks of certain other cars. I wonder if there's anything scientific about it???... Nah, those cars are just fugly!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Toyota Scion xA - Contender?

This thing looks too much like the wedge you use to stop a door from closing.

Good thing is that during a head on collision, the car would function more like a ramp instead of a wall.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Santa Fe... DEFINITELY

rtresco said:
However, the bug-eyed Santa Fe looks like somebody stuck an air hose up its tail pipe and tried to blow it up like a balloon.

:D
This photo of the Sante Fe DOES NOT DO IT JUSTICE!

You have to see it on the road to appreciate its full ugliness.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Toyota Scion xB... Huh?

Look out Element, here's the breadbox version of the xA doorstop.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Toyota Scion - Contender?

rtresco said:
This thing looks too much like the wedge you use to stop a door from closing.

Good thing is that during a head on collision, the car would function more like a ramp instead of a wall.
Saw one of these for the first time the other day. While I didn't manage to identify the make/model, I must confess to trying to get a look at the driver. Was just so curious to see who would be driving such an odd-looking vehicle!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Buick Rendezvous - 2nd Look

I agree with Tracy, this one's a definite contender.

Plus, extra fugly points for the dorky name.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: Re: Santa Fe... DEFINITELY

Ziploc said:
This photo of the Sante Fe DOES NOT DO IT JUSTICE!

You have to see it on the road to appreciate its full ugliness.
I don't know, Ziploc ... you gotta admit, it does look pretty bad in that pic :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
How about the 2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class? Only $74k for the standard version.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Fiat Multipla

They should have called it the Multi:16:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Fiat Multipla

Twinkie said:
They should have called it the Multi:16:
what was the envisioned purpose of the lights by the windshields:rolleyes:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nothing come close to the original --- Aztek

What's three red Aztek on dealer's parking lot?

A lifetime of supply.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Some of the cars named are odd looking.
Others are overly functional looking (Element, H2, G-Wagon).
But the Aztek is nothing other than Ugly!

The closest thing to it is the Vibe, which is a Toyota Matrix that was hit with the same ugly stick that beat the Aztek!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I admit, it's going to be hard to top the Fiat Multipla. Thank God, Fiat doesn't have a huge presence on U.S. roads, so we may not see much of this monstrosity.

Perhaps I'm getting to be an old fuddy-duddy when it comes to styling. But for a fairly common vehicle I HAVE seen and that caught my eye for ALL THE WRONG REASONS, I propose the Toyota Matrix: [Looks like some sort of bottom-feeder to me]

Attachments

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Aztek by far is ugly, though that Fiat is truly hideous. I think all the Aztek pics in this thread are the new & improved body style; I think the original had GRAY lower cladding (as opposed to body-color-matched, which is an improvement -- like lipstick on a pig).

With the exception of the Rendezvous (which shares its platform -- and bad looks -- with the Aztek), I', with N_Jay...I think most of the others (Fiat excepted) are at least INTERESTING. They may be considered weird or unattractive, but they're at least functional statements or "interesting" design statements.

But the Rendezvous, to me, is just all wrong. From that gaping maw of a grill that looks like a fish's mouth, to the turn-signals-as-eyebrows over the headlights, to the MIA D-pillar and hideous back end. It's cringeworthy.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts