Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks, a little background...I've been looking for a pilot for the better part of 2 months, but refused to believe I couldn't find one for substantially below MSRP. I finally found a dealer in Michigan (courtesy of another Pilot website) and received a quote for $1500 above invoice. The color would be my second choice, but the wait would only be about 3-4 weeks. So I went ahead and put down my deposit with the Michigan dealer and patiently waited for mid-December to come along...But when I saw the post on this site from Steve Richardson at Performance Honda in Cincinnati, OH indicating they had a few Pilots in stock, I thought i would see what they had to offer...Not only did they match the deal I received from the dealer in Michigan, they had my first color choice, Sage!:2: So after Steve overnighted the paperwork to me last Tuesday, I quickly signed it and overnighted it back to him so that I could take advantage of the 3.99% financing offered over the weekend. Although I was itching (to put it mildly) to get my new Sagebrush Pilot, I had to wait until yesterday to fly into Cincinnati to pick it up. When I saw how much airfare would be to fly into Cincinnati, the deal was almost off. I looked at surrounding cities, and found a $91 fare to Columbus, OH but wasn't sure how I would get to Cincinnati from there. When I mentioned this to Steve, he said without hesitation that he would pick me up! So yesterday morning I arrived in Columbus, thinking that this was going way to smoothly, and that something had to happen to throw a wrench into this whole thing (like him not arriving at the airport to pick me up!). But there he was, in his Sandstone Pilot! After our 1.5 hour drive back down to Cincinnati, and taking a thorough test drive and inspection of my new baby, I wrote a few checks and I was on my way!:2: If anyone is in the market for a Pilot and is within a few hundred miles of Cincinnati, I highly recommend Steve Richardson (513-829-7300) and the rest of the team at Performance Honda (thanks again Mike in finance for getting me the 3.99%!) The easiest buying experience I've had (aside from the travel :) )...

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow

wow... i was offered 1% discount for MSRP and i thought thats the best deal.

by the way, your location is Maryland, but you bought the car in Ohio? Isnt it way too far? Did u drive the car from Ohio back to Maryland yourself?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I do live in Maryland, but travel to Ohio/Michigan for business all the time. I figured I could knock off 2 birds with one stone...The drive is about 8 hours, but wouldn't you drive 8 hours to save almost $2000?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Man, you make me jealous

What a deal! Is the 3.99% for five years?

I used to live in Cincinnati before I moved to Maryland. I still miss that place cause everything is so cheap there. When I first move here in Columbia, Maryland, after I learned all the expenses I have to pay, I almost want to go back, if it is not because of my job is better paid.

Enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, 60 months...I really did get lucky with the 3.99. Steve said it is something Honda does very rarely. I also like Cinti, but with all the "troubles" and overly conservative attitude (and I'm a Republican!) I wouldn't wan't to live there. Besides, between the Bungals and the Reds, I think I'd slit my wrists... :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
between the Bengals and the Reds, I think I'd slit my wrists

Well, you got this one right. If talking about the cons about Cinti, mine is that the police on the highway are the toughest in the nation. I had two ticket there and it is still hunting me. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow

I just put $500 deposit in Fairfax Honda and they said theyll give me free wheel locks, mud guards and 1 more thing ( i cant remember), for MSRP ($30,980). Do you think its better to get the car in Cincinnati with $1500 discount?
Did u register the car by yourself in Maryland or they did it for you by mail ?
How many times did u have to go to the dealer? It would be great if they can do everything by phone/fax, so I can just go there once to pick it up.
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recommend you call Steve at the above # if you're interested...I took care of everything via fedex simply because we were at the end of the month and I wanted to take advantage of the 3.99% without actually being there to sign the paperwork. As for the registration, I am still on business travel, and am not in Maryland, but apparently the state of Ohio sends a check for the 5% sales taxes that they cannot legally hold because I am registering it in MD. The MVA only needs a copy of the bill of sale and title in order to register it...It should be pretty self explanatory.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Edoth

Please do yourself a favor and contact College Park Honda right inside the beltway. They sell all of their Pilots at $1,000 off MSRP, with no other add-ons or fees. They are a high-volume dealer that wants to move their product. We picked our Pilot off of an incoming shipment, waited about two weeks for it to come in. They'll throw in mud guards and wheel locks if you ask. Let me know if you want more details.

·
Registered
5 Posts
no Pilot :(

I did get $1000 below MSRP offer from College Park Honda, but they dont have SIlver EX-L.. :( Same thing with Performance Honda..
I guess I have to buy one with MSRP..

Anyways, thanks for the info! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts