Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Has anyone experienced this issue with their 2016 elite AWD pilot. I’ve taken the vehicle to the dealership multiple times but they were unable to duplicate the problem. The error message randomly appears and goes away after re-starting the vehicle. If there is a solution, it will be great, if someone can share it.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
I do remember someone on the forum having an issue with the AWD and it turned out to be corrosion on the electrical plug on the rear diff. Yours may just be a bad connection causing the intermittent fault. Did the dealership check for fault codes in the PCM?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Edit: don't follow this advice!

Buy a cheap OBDII reader so you can pull the code when it appears. That at least provides a troubleshooting starting point since the car isn't storing the code.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
Buy a cheap OBDII reader so you can pull the code when it appears. That at least provides a troubleshooting starting point since the car isn't storing the code.
Generic obd2 readers won’t read Honda specific codes.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
I am pretty sure that Bluedriver and some other BTscanners will read other specific Honda codes. I know that Bluedriver will do a full scan and read B codes and it picked up the fault code on my start/stop button so I would think that it would read all the powertrain codes too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts