Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE BUTTON ON THE DASH QUIT WORKING. IN THE MEANTIME THE TORQUE CONVERTER WENT BAD SO I JUST HAD THE TRANSMISSION REBUILT. THINKING THAT WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE AWD BUTTON NOT WORKING I DID NOT TELL THEM ABUT THE PROBLEM. NOW THAT THE CAR IS OUT OF THE SHOP WITH NEW REBUILD THE SWITCH LIGHT WILL NOT COME ON.
I HAVE NOT HAD THE CAR IN MUD OR SAND TO SEE IF IT IS WORKING, BUT I DID TRY IT ON A DIRT SURFACE AND THE BEST I CAN TELL ONLY TWO WHEELS ARE DRIVING THE PILOT. SINCE THE PROBLEM EXISTED BEFORE I HAD THE TRANSMISSION WORKED ON I AM SUSPECTING THERE MIGHT BE A BLOWN FUSE, BAD SENSOR OR SWITCH OVER BOX NOT WORKING. DO NEED TO TAKE IT BACK TO THE TRANSMISSION PLACE OR DO I NEED TO TAKE IT TO A REGULAR MECHANIC FOR DIAGNOSIS OR REPAIR.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Just to be sure, are you pushing the button only after you manually shift into 1st or 2nd gear or reverse?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to be sure, are you pushing the button only after you manually shift into 1st or 2nd gear or reverse?
I THINK IT IS AN AWD AND THE BUTTON IS TO THE LEFT OF THE AC CONTROLS AND ABOVE THE HAZARD LIGHTS. IT IS ONLY OFF OR LIT UP IF I HAVE MANUALLY ENGAGED THE AWD. GETS CONFUSING!!

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
What year? Here's how it's supposed to work, on a 2006, anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
That's how it's supposed to work. Glad it's working for you. It also can be engaged manually that way when you shift into reverse.

But the really great thing about this AWD system on the Pilot is that it will engage automatically and seamlessly without the need for additional driver actions when accelerating or when it senses more traction is needed.

Here's an excellent more detailed explanation, if you're interested.

https://www.piloteers.org/threads/locking-in-vtm-4.14415/#post-225243

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Edit: Sheesh, this new forum software is generating a lot of double posts. ?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Caps lock of death also :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts