Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to find an ideal spot for a set of auxiliary switches in my Pilot without major alterations of the dash. Decided on the empty spot to the left of the steering wheel.
IMG_20180824_182843.jpg
The switches are easily accessible and look custom. Relay box +circuit breaker + fused mounted in the engine compartment provides 12V power to any lights or accessories with a simple hookup. Just wanted to share the end results.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Looks custom? I thought all Pilot's came with Zombie lights!

Just kidding, looks good and should be easy to feel for the right button without looking away.

Reactions: Sha93 and aggrex

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks clean and great! Any pics or vids of them in action?
Just got it installed so no lights yet. S-Tech relay box is ez to install with only one wrapped cable entering the vehicle. All future accessories needing 12V power have separate relays and the system is fused and has a circuit breaker.

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,028 Posts
Looks good. What’s it look like under the cover of the relay box?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Modified the mount for the Pilot and found a nice one-bolt stealthy spot under the hood. Made-in-usa, ez install, one connection to battery with external circuit breaker. Got one installed on my jeep+pickup too. 2nd+3rd pic are from the pickup.

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,028 Posts
That’s a clean looking box.

One potential issue I see on the Pilot install is you’ll have to unbolt the box from under the hood to gain access to the fuses and relays should they require replacement. But as long as you leave enough slack in the wiring that shouldn’t be a major issue.

I’m looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished install.

What accessories are you planning to run from the box?

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only one nut was needed to mount the relay box. It "sits" on an L shaped bracket behind the grill area which provides air and some water protection. The unit has been very reliable in the jeep for the past 4 years. One idea I'm considering is a special light bar that has amber lights like the Rapter for daily use otherwise light bars are generally useless on the road...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@aggrex I am installing a similar switch box to the S-Tech ones you have - thx for the encouragement in my other thread BTW!! I'm wondering what wire/fuse you tapped into for the ACC wire going to the switch box. I'd like to keep everything under the hood (i.e. not run the ACC wire through the firewall and into the cabin).

For reference, I purchased https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QP5TQDK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .

--Chris N.
I used a multimeter and tested several fuses of low importance accessory fuses under the dash. Picked one and used a fuse tap. Now when the key is out everything is off.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD
512 Posts
Wow, at first I had no idea why this would be needed.
Then I saw the in the cabin part, and see all the relays, Boom!

While I don't think I'll ever use it, This looks like an excell. product and a great thing to install if and when running aftermarket accessories for sure.

Nice work, nice thread!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts