Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the aux cord in my center console in my 2007 Pilot, but when I push the aux button nothing happens. It’s the only button that doesn’t work. I have it plugged in everything else works.... any thoughts? Please and thank you

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
Try switching around the red, white and yellow plugs. I had a cord once that was wired wrong. Also make sure your 3.5mm plug is pushed all the way into your phone, if that's what you're using. Post pictures.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
Also check the volume setting of the device you’ve plugged into the AUX port.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well the button doesn’t switch the stereo mode to aux, my phone , which is an iPhone 7 is turned all the way up and plugged all the way in and I have a connector that’s a female end aux to the lightening cable plug in. We tried to trace the aux cord that is in the center console to wherever it’s plugged into but it seems to run underneath the entire console which I don’t want to pull apart if I don’t have to. We pulled the stereo out and the aux is connected but either way the aux button when pushed doesn’t change the source.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Ah, the iPhone 7 doesn't have a 3.5mm audio jack, does it? That's when Apple eliminated it, I believe.

Hard to see in that second picture, but even if that white cord has a 3.5mm plug, you have nowhere to plug it into on that model iPhone, do you?

Besides, it looks aftermarket or DIY, not OEM. Are you the original owner?

What trim level is your Pilot?

Please take clearer pictures of the plugs and jacks on your phone and cables to help confirm. Also post a picture of what you have on the rear of your center console, viewed from the second row.

You might be able to solve it with this adapter.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Far as I understand, aux inputs on 2007 are the ones for rear entertainment system, and will only work with it. Is your RES on when you try to use AUX? It is also possible that AUX audio will only be played to the headphones. What exactly is the model trim and installed options?
With RES is turned on, AUX cord connected and plugged into a device that is playing something, try plugging headphones into one of the jacks - see if you get the sound there.
Also what aux cord are you using and with which device? Is it a simple tip-ring-sleeve plug to red/white RCA for audio only or it is one of those tip-ring-ring-sleeve to red/white/yellow RCA? If it is the latter, it will not work with a typical phone. On phones, a TRRS plug is for headset where extra contact is a microphone, and audio pinout is generally different. You need to use a regular audio-only cable like this:

·
Registered
504 Posts
On the '03, the RES headphone volume controls have to be turned all the way up for the aux input signal to get back to the head unit. Bad design, but I was happy to find a simple fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s the 2007 Pilot ex. I have the RES on when I hit the aux button and I have the connector for my iPhone it just doesn’t even display aux on the screen. On other vehicles I’ve owned if you hit the aux button the screen displays aux with no sound until you plug your device into the aux cord and the cord I to the jack... but this cord just goes into the center console and there is no aux jack for the cord to plug into. It just goes into a crack between the center console and cup holder here’s what I have pics of. The Aux button literally is for looks and doesn’t change the stereo mode at all

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here’s the whole inside of the center console the white cord is the aux cord it comes of the crack there and there’s no aux jack

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Something's not right. If you have the RES trim you should have a DVD button on the main radio, and some yellow, red and white RCA jacks on the back of your console where there appears to be a 12 volt "cigarette lighter" style outlet.

Do you have a DVD player, and a DVD screen on the ceiling?

You say you have the RES (Rear Entertainment System) on, but where's the button for that?

That white cord was definitely not factory-installed. Are you the original owner?

Have you tried plugging in a device the has a 3.5mm audio jack, like an older model cellphone or tablet, for example?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Does not look like you have an RES, but does look like you have an aftermarket AUX adapter installed, similar to this one:

Those typically plug into connector used by either external CD changer or XM radio module.

Some things to try while cable is plugged into a device and device is playing something:
Press CD/CHG button 2-3 times.
Press XM button 2-3 times.

If neither works, you'll just need to open up the dash, see exactly where that white cable goes and whether it is actually connected to anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts