Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Factory radio is equipped with DVD/AUX input
There are RCA type inputs on the rear of the front arm rest (near the headphone jacks)
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a phone with a 3.5 mm jack to a Y adapter?
In other words...are those the inputs (only) for the AUX option on the radio head unit?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,860 Posts
Factory radio is equipped with DVD/AUX input
There are RCA type inputs on the rear of the front arm rest (near the headphone jacks)
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a phone with a 3.5 mm jack to a Y adapter?
In other words...are those the inputs (only) for the AUX option on the radio head unit?
Yes, I do it all the time when the kids want to force-feed me their new favorite music.

"That was nice, dear. Now here, let's listen to my real music." :)

·
Read Only
293 Posts
Hook into the rear input with an rca to aux jack from amazon. Buy a usb cigarette lighter. Buy a Harmon kardon bta10 Bluetooth receiver. Get a mini usb to usb cord to power it from the cig lighter inside the glove box. Hook your phone via Bluetooth and click the stereo on aux and roll. Been doing it in 2 cars including the pilot for years.

I also found a small plastic container and modified it to cover the rca ports and taped it on with painters tape over top. It’s ugly but one bump and you will destroy those rca cords plugged into the back of the console.

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
Was what I had in mind, but hadn't considered adding the bluetooth function
If you're going for bluetooth, get one of these GTA Car Kits. Not only can you stream music, but you can get Waze/Google Maps audio directions and make hands free calls, with steering wheels controls functional. Great quality audio, so it's what I use for dad's real music.

Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod/AUX Kits for Honda Pilot 2006-2008 – GTA Car Kits

I'm another happy GTA Car Kit customer. :)

2005 EX-L w/ Nav - options for Bluetooth & Aux input?

GTA Car Kit - Where Did You Run Your Cables?

Question on replacing stereo

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,096 Posts
Well not knowing the year and model of vehicle it's hard to give advise, but on my 2013 Pilot Touring in the console was a USB that directly connected to the radio for input as well as keeping the phone charged. There was also an 1/8" aux jack. Both would be a whole lot easier and cheaper than stuff like a blue tooth receiver or RCA conversion.

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
It's a 2006, as indicated in a previous post.

Programming auto lock feature

Calling all members, especially new ones: Don't forget to enter your model year and trim level, as well as your location, in your profile and/or signature. That helps us help you. :)

·
Administrator
5,096 Posts
If you are handy you might want to make it simple and get a 1/8" stereo jack and wire it into the inside of the console. You already have an aux power supply there. You could tap into the L & R input jacks. It would be an unobtrusive addition to the inside of the center console giving you the connection you are desiring.

·
Administrator
5,096 Posts
It's a 2006, as indicated in a previous post.

Programming auto lock feature

Calling all members, especially new ones: Don't forget to enter your model year and trim level, as well as your location, in your profile and/or signature. That helps us help you. :)
Which is not connected to this thread, nor to the OP's profile.

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.