395 Posts
Will someone tell me what this means?

"the steering wheel is dead in your hands"

:confused:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Another great review!

However, the Pilots 0-60 numbers and skidpad numbers are amongst the best! I'm not sure what this guy wants? Yes, he's right its not designed to look like a Ferrari...I like the way my Pilot looks, no unsightly buldges, or sharp angles!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Len said:
Will someone tell me what this means? "the steering wheel is dead in your hands" :confused:
Yeah, it is a rather lame insult.

My personal favorite was "Our experience with the Acura MDX and the Honda Pilot in side-by-side comparisons with other vehicles in ice, snow, and mud shows that VTM-4 has a definite advantage. In short, the Pilot doesn't just drive through weather; it shrugs it off."

Yeah... baby!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like the way the Pilot looks. Nice clean lines, not busy looking. Just very understated. It's a good thing.

#09131 SS EX

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think Honda has another winner again. 03 Pilot.... Yeah!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think "dead in your hands" refers to reduced amount of feedback from the steering wheel. I, for one, did not buy this Pilot looking for excessive road feel. I do not want road feel when I am driving to Maine from NJ. I want to be isolated from all that stuff so that after driving twelve hours I am not real road weary. I think that for a 4400 lb SUV this Pilot handles like a much smaller vehicle and handles pretty well considering its size. Just my .02

2003 #09131 SS EX

·
Registered
486 Posts
Styling is so subjective. By the time I put my wheels/tires, sidesteps, fogs, crossbars, hitch, full size spare & tinted front windows, it'll look anything but mainstream.
Aggressive subtlety is how I imagine it...:D

·
Registered
273 Posts
What djs said. :29:

djs said:
I think "dead in your hands" refers to reduced amount of feedback from the steering wheel. I, for one, did not buy this Pilot looking for excessive road feel. I do not want road feel when I am driving to Maine from NJ. I want to be isolated from all that stuff so that after driving twelve hours I am not real road weary. I think that for a 4400 lb SUV this Pilot handles like a much smaller vehicle and handles pretty well considering its size. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
:7: GO PILOT!!!:7:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
djs said:

2003 #09131 SS EX
Exactly ... :29:

PrG

·
Registered
991 Posts
Pilot looks better then reviews

honestly... I think the Pilot looks like a real SUV

A MANS TRUCK!

Go Pilot!

(the reviews can jump in the lake):2:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, BUT...

How can you not like the Pilot's styling? With those slight curves just in the right places and the subtle contours that accentuates those curves, which all blend nicely with series of straight lines that hold them all together, you get a sense of equilibrium about the car. There's something to be said about understated and yet very defined aesthetic qualities.

No boxy look like those made by...well, I don't wanna say whom, but I'll say the initials, GM (Envoy, Trail Blazer, Cherokee) or look like a whole bunch of rectangular metal slabs just put together (Explorer), or look like a truck with a canopy just put on the top of the bed (4Runner, Pathfinder, QX4) or trying to force a combination of straight lines and curves that just don't look right (Highlander) or look like an army surplus truck with just a designer label stuck on it and rides like one too (Discovery), or look as though it was made just for the sake of calling it an SUV to grab more market share (RX300, ML 320) and on and on and on.

Admittedly, I wasn't overly impressed with the Pilot's styling, but then again, I never was with any SUV's at all in the past. But the more I look at my Pilot, the better looking it gets. The more I see other SUV's on the road or especially, parked next to my Pilot, the more my Pilot's beauty grows.

Ummm....so, I think you kinda get the gist of what I think how the Pilot looks :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
The article said:

"Our experience with the Acura MDX and the Honda Pilot in side-by-side comparisons with other vehicles in ice, snow, and mud shows that VTM-4 has a definite advantage. In short, the Pilot doesn't just drive through weather; it shrugs it off."

Right On!! Last night I was driving in a strong rain. There was standing water on the road and plenty of opportunity for slipping around. The Pilot was rock solid - what a treat to drive. The VTM system was flawless. A huge, wonderful improvement over the 99 Durango I just returned. I feel fortunate to have the Pilot. With regard to the styling - I don't think it is flashy - but overall competence of the vehicle is brilliant

·
Registered
469 Posts
Pilot review

My wife chose the Pilot over a large number of contenders - my wife has good taste (she picked me from a large number of contenders over thirty-five years ago!) - ipso facto, the Pilot is a great vehicle... :rolleyes:

PS - the management by exception technique says to focus on the critical few exceptions - note that the article has ONLY A FEW items to nit-pick!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
you said it all... and General Motors (opps)gm, why don't reviews talk about there lack of style,, getting better but Jimmy and blazer are just boxes..(guess thats why they are getting rid of them)

rob

·
Registered
102 Posts
Cars and trucks are fairly subjective to those who are looking at them. I have found that one of the things I like most about this Pilot is that it has very clean lines. It is not busy looking and for such a large vehicle seems to have very good eye appeal.
I was backing down a launching ramp with my boat on Sunday afternoon (my wife was on the side watching) and a small crowd gathered (I have been waiting for 3 months for this) and watched the Pilot put the little Dove Grey Alumacraft in the water. My wife was just standing there admiring the truck and the boat and she heard four different times "nice car". She was thinking the same thing.
I read all the reviews and feedback from this forum, but in the end the opinion that really counts is your own (okay, and your spouse's or sig other).

#09131 SS EX:) :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts