Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of rebuilding my cooling system, and to make the work easier, I pulled out the battery and the air intake equipment up to the throttle body. Of course, in the process, I disconnected many electrical sensor connections and vacuum hoses. I managed to get them all reconnected except one small hose which appears to come up from the far, driver's side of the transmission, under the battery and a gang of several electrical connections. It has a few fixed, bolted holders down below, leading towards the Thermostat and has another smaller plastic clip holder (attached) further up the hose.

Does anyone have an idea as to where it terminates? I am suspecting somewhere near the throttle body or plenum, but cannot find any open orifice to which it belongs.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,187 Posts
If you could attach a photo that will be helpful. I can’t recall if the Pilot has a tranny breather port; I think there is one tube which ends as an upside down U.

Reactions: Depleted Islet

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is a view looking down between the plenum intake (top) and the battery (below). As you can see, the hose disappears down toward the transmission solenoids and all the connectors above them. With the odd, downward angle at the end of the hose, I am wondering if this is simply a breather tube with no connection at all.
Fuel line Auto part Engine Pipe Hose

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,187 Posts
Yep, that’s the one I was thinking of.

Let this be a good lesson to take lots of photos before you start disconnecting hoses and harnesses. This practice has saved me a few times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts