Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is in the parking lot of McDonald's after we took delivery. Notice the Euro Plates. Realized, I did not get a picture from the rear yet. THose plates make it look awesome!

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Taking Delivery

The family :)

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barely Fits

Was too tight in the garage between getting in with the mirrors and opening the door. Fits better outside, however still a tight fit. Have to be careful backing it in.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Green?

Tirespin said:
Very nice Pilot! It looks great in Green!!!
I like how the Havasu Blue changes a bit in the light, but Green? Guess I need to buy a new camera. :21:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Oustanding ... a fine ride, fine cuisine ... and a beautiful family.

Thanks for sharing ...

PrG

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: Green?

autobahn said:

I like how the Havasu Blue changes a bit in the light, but Green? Guess I need to buy a new camera. :21:
Yeah, Blue, Green, Silver... that's what I like about Havasu Blue, it has a diversified personality..

[still waiting for] Havasu

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks great Autobahn! Hope you and your family have lots of fun in it!

·
Registered
273 Posts
More Kudos

Looks like you're loving life across the pond, Autobahn. I bet that [color=royal blue]blue[/color]/green/silver Pilot is going to have a lot of *fun* with your family over the years........

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. Will have to give the "autobahn" report after I break it in. Will let you all know how stable it drives at 100mph. Should have it ready to drive to Austria for Labor Day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Austria! 100MPH! now WE are all GREEN!

autobahn said:
Thanks. Will have to give the "autobahn" report after I break it in. Will let you all know how stable it drives at 100mph. Should have it ready to drive to Austria for Labor Day.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Barely Fits

autobahn said:
Was too tight in the garage between getting in with the mirrors and opening the door. Fits better outside, however still a tight fit. Have to be careful backing it in.
Bravo on the tight parking job! Doesn't look like much room between the Pilot and that concrete wall. I've never owned something this big, so I'm a worried about bumping into things. I don't think I would have been brave enough yet to park that close to the wall!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Euro Plates

As promised, here was a picture I did take last night when we both left the dealer. Forgot I had this one. Got the Euro Plate to fit on the rear. New DoD plates are now camoflaged like the locals.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Re: Barely Fits

SoapPlant said:

Bravo on the tight parking job! Doesn't look like much room between the Pilot and that concrete wall. I've never owned something this big, so I'm a worried about bumping into things. I don't think I would have been brave enough yet to park that close to the wall!
We are getting it all lined up. Know to line the washer with the fence in front and the door lock with the post on the side. Too far to the right and we scrape the tires. Too far to the left and the garage hits the rear quarter panel. Too far back and I crush the tail pipe. It is actually not as bad as it looks, but harder than our small Cherokee was. You should have seen me try to put it in the garage first. No problem getting it in. Just could not get out of the door, nor was their enough height to open up the rear hatch all the way. Moved the Accord back into the garage.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Credit where credit is due

My wife is correcting me. Have to give her credit. She is the mastermind behind parking the Pilot and has even done it without me spotting for her (or vice versa). She says, "No Problem." Now if I can just keep the idiots from parking across the street so I have plenty of room to line it up. Notice that the backup sensor would not work very well in this situation since it would be constantly going off on the sides. :p

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice color autobahn. Congrats and Enjoy. Keep us posted on your initial experiences with the Pilot.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Re: Credit where credit is due

autobahn said:
My wife is correcting me. Have to give her credit. She is the mastermind behind parking the Pilot and has even done it without me spotting for her (or vice versa). She says, "No Problem." Now if I can just keep the idiots from parking across the street so I have plenty of room to line it up. Notice that the backup sensor would not work very well in this situation since it would be constantly going off on the sides. :p
Great, just as long as you don't forget about those additional ~5" that the Pilot has over the old Jeep Grannie! Boy, do I wish I had that same problem...

With the Pilot that is! (get your minds out of the gutter!)

42 days and counting...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Re: Euro Plates

autobahn said:
As promised, here was a picture I did take last night when we both left the dealer. Forgot I had this one. Got the Euro Plate to fit on the rear. New DoD plates are now camoflaged like the locals.
That's outstanding ... years ago when stationed in Korea we had plates that made us stand out like sore thumbs. Was nice for that sense of being different but now doesn't pass the common sense rule. Good to see proactive force protection measures taking place.

PrG

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice SUV Autobahn. I know what you mean about tight parking. I only have 1" clearance above from my garage door. There will be no cross bars for me.

Havasu Blue was my first color choice and although the dealer showed it in his inventory he unfortunately did not have it in his lot.

We settled for Silver and have been happy with it.

Havasu is a very European color. Good luck with it.

#09131 SS EX

1 - 20 of 55 Posts