Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fleet salesman demonstrated the AutoDown all the way and AutoUp all the way drivers window feature. I haven't tried it since until I went to lunch today. It didn't work if I pressed it quickly and held it. It didn't work if I pressed and held it for a longer time. It didn't work going up or going down. It didn't if I had the red lock thing up or down.

Is this my first defect or am I doing something wrong? I suspect I'm doing something wrong because it worked when the fleet guy demonstrated it and I haven't used the windows hardly at all since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,429 Posts
I think if you hold it for more than a second or 2 it works like a normal window. No auto up or down...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Art said:
I think if you hold it for more than a second or 2 it works like a normal window. No auto up or down...
Well, my first attempt was just to push it down and let it go quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
You may need to re-program it, like I did a couple of weeks ago, as described on page 101 of the manual. Push the button until the window's down, then pull up until it's up, but keep pulling up 2-3 seconds to re-program the feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
If you deprive the Pilot of power you need to reset this circuit. Push down on the switch to lower the drivers window all the way. Pull up on the switch to close the driver window, and then continue to hold it up for 2 more seconds. Auto should work after that.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
florida_guy said:
Well, my first attempt was just to push it down and let it go quickly.
To engage the auto up or auto down, you have to fully pull up or push down on the button. A gentle pull up or push down will meet with a little resistance than you have to pull or push through, if that makes sense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jay said:
You may need to re-program it, like I did a couple of weeks ago, as described on page 101 of the manual. Push the button until the window's down, then pull up until it's up, but keep pulling up 2-3 seconds to re-program the feature.
Well this place is really slipping. I took a whole 10 minutes for me to get the solution! :2: I went out and tried what you suggested and it works great now. Thanks!!!:29:

I really like that it goes up and down all the way automatically. My accord would only go down. The new safety sensor that allows it is a great improvement. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RSeery said:
If you deprive the Pilot of power you need to reset this circuit. Push down on the switch to lower the drivers window all the way. Pull up on the switch to close the driver window, and then continue to hold it up for 2 more seconds. Auto should work after that.....
I don't have any recollection of depriving it of power but it is possible the guys who set up my Pilot before I took delivery did because the demo obviously took place before that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,729 Posts
florida_guy said:
Well this place is really slipping. I took a whole 10 minutes for me to get the solution! :2:
That's because it takes a while to go look up the same answer that was given to you BEFORE you bought your Pilot.

:2: :2: :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
RSeery said:
If you deprive the Pilot of power you need to reset this circuit. Push down on the switch to lower the drivers window all the way. Pull up on the switch to close the driver window, and then continue to hold it up for 2 more seconds. Auto should work after that.....
...which begs me to ask why Honda engineers requires the auto up/down feature to be reprogrammed in the first place? Couldn't they have just "designed" it so that it always auto uped and downed even after the battery has been disconnected without the need to reprogram it?
:werd: :werd: :werd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
kemosabe said:
...which begs me to ask why Honda engineers requires the auto up/down feature to be reprogrammed in the first place? Couldn't they have just "designed" it so that it always auto uped and downed even after the battery has been disconnected without the need to reprogram it?
:werd: :werd: :werd:
Lets see, you want the window to go up and down automitically if it losses power.

This would be without the safety reverse feature since that is not in play during manual window opperation.

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
colorider said:
That's because it takes a while to go look up the same answer that was given to you BEFORE you bought your Pilot.

:2: :2: :2:
That's correct. I had to open a new browser window, and search bkwon's online manual for the programming description. That took about 6 of the 10 minutes.:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
N_Jay said:
Lets see, you want the window to go up and down automitically if it losses power.

This would be without the safety reverse feature since that is not in play during manual window opperation.

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Say what? You lost me there, big fella... :p

...maybe I ought to clarify my question: once the battery (power) has been reconnected, why would you need to reprogram the auto up/down feature? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
kemosabe said:
Say what? You lost me there, big fella... :p

...maybe I ought to clarify my question: once the battery (power) has been reconnected, why would you need to reprogram the auto up/down feature? :confused:
I guess it stores the current position and maybe the number of revolutions of the motor from full down to full up in volatile memory?

But that is just a guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
N_Jay said:
I guess it stores the current position and maybe the number of revolutions of the motor from full down to full up in volatile memory?

But that is just a guess.
Weird... still not sure why Honda designed it so that auto up/down needs to be "learned" again after losing power...

...I guess where I'm coming from is that my Maxima has the auto down feature (not auto up, unfortunately) and after the battery has been disconnected and then reconnected, the auto down feature STILL works without the need to reprogram it.

I reckon I just don't understand (and probably never will, but that's okay, I'll live) what the designer's intent was for the mandatory reprogramming, that's all...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
colorider said:
That's because it takes a while to go look up the same answer that was given to you BEFORE you bought your Pilot.

:2: :2: :2:
??? Why would I have asked that question before I bought my Pilot. I didn't even remember this problem ever being discussed before or I would have searched for it.

Anyway, I was playing with it on the way home and the safety feature doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty sure my fleet salesman demonstrated that to me to. I put my hand through the window while its going up automatically and it hits my hand and just keeps going... Of course I take my hand out of the way but I though there is a sensor that's supposed to stop it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kemosabe said:
...I guess where I'm coming from is that my Maxima has the auto down feature (not auto up, unfortunately) and after the battery has been disconnected and then reconnected, the auto down feature STILL works without the need to reprogram it.

That's how my Accord worked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
florida_guy said:
??? Why would I have asked that question before I bought my Pilot. I didn't even remember this problem ever being discussed before or I would have searched for it.

Anyway, I was playing with it on the way home and the safety feature doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty sure my fleet salesman demonstrated that to me to. I put my hand through the window while its going up automatically and it hits my hand and just keeps going... Of course I take my hand out of the way but I though there is a sensor that's supposed to stop it.
My understanding (untested) is that it will give you a good squeeze, but not hard enough to do damage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
N_Jay said:
My understanding (untested) is that it will give you a good squeeze, but not hard enough to do damage.
I'm pretty darn sure that my salesman put his hand in there and it stopped and or went back down.

Edited:

Now I'm remembering he said something about "Don't wait till the last minute though or it will pinch you pretty good."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
kemosabe said:
Weird... still not sure why Honda designed it so that auto up/down needs to be "learned" again after losing power...

...I guess where I'm coming from is that my Maxima has the auto down feature (not auto up, unfortunately) and after the battery has been disconnected and then reconnected, the auto down feature STILL works without the need to reprogram it.

I reckon I just don't understand (and probably never will, but that's okay, I'll live) what the designer's intent was for the mandatory reprogramming, that's all...
Probably lots of reasons we can only guess at.
Maybe its so one window controller can be used in differnt model cars?

Or with motors from different Mfgs that turn different revs to open the window?

or to allow for production tolerence between vehicles.

Or Or Or, I can guess all day.

It is the up that is critical not the down, so maybe that is why the maxima did not have to be programmed? Maybe?
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top