Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a new battery put in my car. Now the auto window doesn't work. The owners manual says something about reprograming it. I am just wondering if I need to disconnect the battery and leave it for a bit before I re-try programming. Anyone have the same problem.

· Premium Member
4,274 Posts
It's all in the manual, it's all out lined on how to do the idle learn procedure.

You can do a search on this forum for "idle learn procedure". But since I'm feeling extra nice today, here's the Cliff Notes version:

Start with a cold engine.

Turn on ignition switch and make sure that every accessory is turned OFF. AC,radio,all lights, everything.

Turn off ignition switch

Disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes.

Re connect cable

DO NOT TOUCH THROTTLE. Turn ignition switch on for 2 seconds, then start car.

Let it idle with all accessories turned off.

In about 10-15 minutes,in 70-80 degree weather, the radiator cooling fans will cycle. After the second cycle let idle an additional 10 minutes.
The fans will cycle some more during this additional 10 minutes.

Switch off engine. Reset radio and driver AUTO window.

· Registered
2,574 Posts
And if it is a 06 or new, you need to do the CKP procedure after the Idle Learn in order to train the low and high RPM.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A friend had said all you had to do was hold the switch up for 3 seconds after you put the window up all the way.....I knew there had to be more to it then that. But as for your instructions, are you sure you take the negative terminal off the battery and not the positive. I don't want to cook the computer or burn up anything electrical.... The power windows seem to be busting my ass bad enough...... I wouldn't want to have to fix anything else.

· Registered
48 Posts
Thank you all for getting me looking in the right direction for a solution when my driver side "Auto" function quit working.
I ran my battery low enough so that it would not start by running the radio for about 5 hours in my garage last week. I just let my 07 EX-L sit through dinner time and it started up alright, but the window would not go up or down automatically til I got some info on hondapilot.org.
I have the 2006-2007 Honda manual so I checked it for details.
Specifically for the 06-07 model year you press the switch down and hold the switch down after the window hits the bottom for two seconds - then you pull up the switch and hold it up for two seconds extra after the window hits the top.
After that procedure my window is back to perfect operation.

Thanks all - great site as usual

· Registered
439 Posts
auto power window

:32: Bite the bullet and read instructions :bangh:

Attachments

· Registered
1,585 Posts
I had my battery out last week for about an hour.. to put in a new kirkland, I never did any kind of idle proceedure. It runs and idles just like it did before the battery change.

What would I notice if I needed to do this?

· Premium Member
4,274 Posts
CMasten said:
I had my battery out last week for about an hour.. to put in a new kirkland, I never did any kind of idle proceedure. It runs and idles just like it did before the battery change.

What would I notice if I needed to do this?
Chris, I too changed the battery out a few weeks ago without the ILP done, noticed no change, not even in gas mileage. Not sure why it's even needed. Won't the engine learn the fuel trims etc. after a few days anyway?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.