Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i need to do the $100K maintenance on my 2009 Honda Pilot which includes replacing the timing belt, water pump, spark plug and coils, etc. Are there any reputed sites where I can buy OEM parts? ebay prices seem way too good to be legit. I am hoping the prices are lower than purchasing at a regular retail store (autozone etc), but please let me know if purchasing at a retail store is still the best option to ensure quality is not completely sacrificed.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Search. There's lots that folks here have used and like. I've had good results with CheaperHondaParts, but most people mention others when this question comes up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've used ebay for belts and OEM water pumps, parts are good and lasted my service intervals. Only bad experience I've had was ordering thermostats online, knock offs and defective on arrival. I only go to Honda for the thermostats. Plugs any NGK double iridiums on amazon, Coils you don't need to change those out unless they are bad. Of all my honda's I've had I've never changed out an ignition coil, even on my 250K mile honda accord. Also check out the passenger side motor mount, I changed mine out and I hear that goes out relatively quick. and while you're there front oil seal, cam oil seals.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I like RockAuto, they typically have a range from cheapest Chinese knock-off stuff to better quality OEM grades. You can decide what you want. For the timing belt, I suggest a kit with Aisin water pump and Mitsuboshi belt. Amazon usually has a fair deal on the timing belt kit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @STMech. I’ve used rockauto long time back, but the recent reviews aren’t good. Good to know you’ve used them as well. Thanks for the specific brands as well.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I've used and still use Rock for parts. No issues with quality as long as you are not going for the lowest cost item. My first TB service, I went with the Gates kit trying to save a few bucks and ended up replacing the tensioner around 65K in and the belt itself stretched and needed changed at 94K in. For the second kit I went with the Aisin kit from Rock. If you want to stick pure OEM, check out Majestic Honda https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm They have some of the best pricing on OEM parts with quick delivery.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've used and still use Rock for parts. No issues with quality as long as you are not going for the lowest cost item. My first TB service, I went with the Gates kit trying to save a few bucks and ended up replacing the tensioner around 65K in and the belt itself stretched and needed changed at 94K in. For the second kit I went with the Aisin kit from Rock. If you want to stick pure OEM, check out Majestic Honda https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm They have some of the best pricing on OEM parts with quick delivery.
I did belt on my 2010 Ridgeline and the OEM belt was Gates with Aisin parts, the kit I bought was the same. Weird

1 - 9 of 9 Posts