Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people, I know that the passenger side air bags go off if a younger person is sitting in the passenger seat. Does anyone know if both airbags in the passenger seat have this auto off feature? I know the ones in the seat go off, but not sure if the dash airbag goes off.

What is the weight limit for this off feature? I checked the manual but could not find this

thanks...
rob

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Its not weight triggered

It is the height and possition of the passanger seat occupant.

Not sure if the main air bag is two stage. If it is, there might be a weight trigger.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had the airbag turn off once with my wife in the passenger seat and once with my 11 year old daughter. They are both completely different in height and weight from each other. However, one common factor was that each time the airbag turned off, the occupant was leaning against the window not sitting in the middle of the passenger seat.

If you don't believe me, try it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply, and I totally believe you.. I thought it was weight activated as well, but after studying the manual, I do not think weight has anything to do with it..

So, the only thing is that it turns off the seat airbags, and not the main one in the dash..

rob

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Position sensor in the pax seat will disable the SIDE airbag if it believes the pax is out of position and would be harmed by deployment, as NJay stated.

Front airbags ARE dual-stage, but determine deployment velocity based on whether you/pax are wearing the seatbelts. ETA: I think speed @ time of crash has a bearing on it, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts