Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have issues with the automatic door locking system. I have it set to aotomaticaly lock the doors when I’m 2 meters away from the vehicle. It has always been a bit sensitive to how fast I move away from the car, and if I’m too quick, it sends a quick warning beepbeepbeepbeeep.
Now however, the annoying warning often (but not always) starts as soon as I close the door, even if Im right next to the car, or sometimes while I’m still inside it.
Is there anyone here who knows how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I know that this has no positive contribution to your question, I have never tried this feature, and I find that most of the Honda techs are finicky at best. Pressing a button to lock does not bother me at all. We came a long way, used a key to lock, pressed a remote, now press a button (on remote or door handle). Often I find out that the car is locked when I try to open it (I park it in garage and do not lock). Weird, usually happened after two three days sitting in the garage without being used.

·
Registered
2021 EX-L
24 Posts
One cheap option you could always try is replacing the batteries in your keyfobs. Low batteries can cause all kinds of stupid things to happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts