Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

2020 Pilot Elite AWD. Love it. I am having an issue with the Auto Idle Engine Stop with only one key fob. When driving with that particular key fob, I get a message that reads "Auto Idle Engine Stop Unavailable". Is there a setting that I am missing to toggle on? It also doesn't show on the dashboard that the button is pressed. It just delivers me that message. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Hi all,

2020 Pilot Elite AWD. Love it. I am having an issue with the Auto Idle Engine Stop with only one key fob. When driving with that particular key fob, I get a message that reads "Auto Idle Engine Stop Unavailable". Is there a setting that I am missing to toggle on? It also doesn't show on the dashboard that the button is pressed. It just delivers me that message. Can anyone help?
I'd use that key all of the time. Auto start stop will eventually cost you $800 + for a new starter.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Page 544 of owners manual has the info about auto stop/start. Are you using the car the same with both key fobs or are there two different drivers? I say if it doesn't fix itself after a couple days or weekd, you should get it checked out at the dealer. Perhaps it's a software glitch or they key fob may be messed up. Do the other features work normally with both key fobs?
I'd use that key all of the time. Auto start stop will eventually cost you $800 + for a new starter.
I don't like auto stop/start and I disable it every time I get in the car, but I would still like for all the functions in the car to be working properly. I personally would be freaked out if the auto stop/start system started giving errors.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Page 544 of owners manual has the info about auto stop/start. Are you using the car the same with both key fobs or are there two different drivers? I say if it doesn't fix itself after a couple days or weekd, you should get it checked out at the dealer. Perhaps it's a software glitch or they key fob may be messed up. Do the other features work normally with both key fobs?

I don't like auto stop/start and I disable it every time I get in the car, but I would still like for all the functions in the car to be working properly. I personally would be freaked out if the auto stop/start system started giving errors.
I guess the choices are to push the button everytime you get in to prevent it from shutting off the engine,

Or what I would do.....

Reactions: ys1219 and EFICTION

·
Registered
295 Posts
I guess the choices are to push the button everytime you get in to prevent it from shutting off the engine,
View attachment 144433
Or what I would do.....
Hahahhahahahah that gif/pic made my day!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts