Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !

New to the Honda world here! Have been Chevy owners, decided to try something different.

We bought the vehicle 14 days ago, brand new. I have tried to set the Auto High Beam a zillion times. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos, searched the web AND even had it at the dealership. Dealer said without An error code present, it isn't broken. Well the green headlight with the A should be on the dash when the system is set up, it is not so therefore that is 'code enough' for me. I asked dealer to pull the negative cable on the battery and they said they can't do that, it would take a day and a lot of codes to re-set. I also believe my auto idle stop is not working right.....not sure if these things are related or what?

Any advice from any one ?

Thank You,
Lisa

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!! Hoping to hear from the Dealer tomorrow ...my remote start wasn't working correctly today.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hello !

New to the Honda world here! Have been Chevy owners, decided to try something different.

We bought the vehicle 14 days ago, brand new. I have tried to set the Auto High Beam a zillion times. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos, searched the web AND even had it at the dealership. Dealer said without An error code present, it isn't broken. Well the green headlight with the A should be on the dash when the system is set up, it is not so therefore that is 'code enough' for me. I asked dealer to pull the negative cable on the battery and they said they can't do that, it would take a day and a lot of codes to re-set. I also believe my auto idle stop is not working right.....not sure if these things are related or what?

Any advice from any one ?

Thank You,
Lisa
There are certain conditions that have to be in place for your auto high beam to come on. It only comes on at speeds above 40 mph if I remember well. It also won't come on if it detects light especially from incoming traffic. The Auto Idle stop also requires certain conditions to be activated. It appears the engine has to be warm enough before it starts kicking in. Also, if you're using the heat or AC it may take a little longer before it kicks in. I will advise you continue to observe for a few more weeks before you conclude something is wrong with thee vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts