Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get this message every few days popping up on my dashboard. "AUTO ENGINE IDLE STOP SYSTEM PROBLEM". This is a very annoying message as it comes up at some times daily. I have taken to the local dealer and they have no answer.
The vehicle is a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring with no other issues. I now have about 8,000 miles on the vehicle and would like to know if any other 2017 Honda Pilot owner have the problem or remedy to our problem. If you manually turn off the Auto Engine Idle System I still get the message. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Getting the same message today. Just over 8600 miles on my 2017 touring.
So I get this message every few days popping up on my dashboard. "AUTO ENGINE IDLE STOP SYSTEM PROBLEM". This is a very annoying message as it comes up at some times daily. I have taken to the local dealer and they have no answer.
The vehicle is a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring with no other issues. I now have about 8,000 miles on the vehicle and would like to know if any other 2017 Honda Pilot owner have the problem or remedy to our problem. If you manually turn off the Auto Engine Idle System I still get the message. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
A good 25% of the cost of the car was for the comfort and peace-of-mind that the dealer will fix everything for you during it's initial growing-pains years. Call your Dealer service desk, schedule your service appointment, and let them do the magic that you've already paid for.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can I ask if any of you have had the stall problem on your 2017's or 2018's?

My 2016 Touring stalls many times when I take my foot off the brake after the Auto Idle Stop has kicked in. It is a scary problem since it could leave you in a very bad place and unable to just go. You have to completely restart the car. But I don't know if the problem exists on 2017's or 2018's?

My car will have been in the shop for 3 weeks this Monday for this problem...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Our 2016 touring elite has cut out on us several times, once we were almost plowed by a big rig thanks to this problem. We have also taken our pilot to the dealer several times who could not repeat the issue and claim that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. I hate it but we are contemplating trading the vehicle in before we get hurt
Can I ask if any of you have had the stall problem on your 2017's or 2018's?

My 2016 Touring stalls many times when I take my foot off the brake after the Auto Idle Stop has kicked in. It is a scary problem since it could leave you in a very bad place and unable to just go. You have to completely restart the car. But I don't know if the problem exists on 2017's or 2018's?

My car will have been in the shop for 3 weeks this Monday for this problem...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts