Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for recommendations to get a 2019 Honda Pilot cover that does a good job to withstand sun, snow and possibly hail. I did see a good one on Walmart selling for $159 but it only has one single review! The 5 layer Titan starts flaking after two years. Reaching out to see if anyone has found one that withstands the elements and fits snug on the Pilot. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not snug, but our garage does a wonderful job. You might want to take a look at this one. There ore others on this site as well. Platinum Shield SUV Cover
So I actually see a lot just with a simple Google search. But I don’t have a garage yet and this lockdown has made it obvious the Pilot has just been sitting out there exposed to the elements. I am hoping there are owners on this forum who have actually purchased a cover that they can confidently recommend. I hope I don’t have to try one out just based on my intuition and limited reviews I am reading.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,843 Posts
What is the difference between the reviews that you will get here and the reviews you would get somewhere else?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is the difference between the reviews that you will get here and the reviews you would get somewhere else?
Great point. Major difference is finding review based on experience for a Honda Pilot model year 2016 - 2020. The other scanty reviews that I have read are for other vehicles which I found to be generic. I searched this forum for this subject and came up empty. Maybe I might be the first to try a couple out and share my experience.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,843 Posts
It's a cover, not a form fitting suit. Covers are generally made for size ranges not individual vehicle, years, makes and models. They will fit a multitude of vehicles in a particular size/configuration. The ones that are custom made are going to be prohibitively expensive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for recommendations to get a 2019 Honda Pilot cover that does a good job to withstand sun, snow and possibly hail. I did see a good one on Walmart selling for $159 but it only has one single review! The 5 layer Titan starts flaking after two years. Reaching out to see if anyone has found one that withstands the elements and fits snug on the Pilot. Thank you.

Take a look at California Car Cover. I have used two of their covers when I am in Florida for the winter. You can get a cover made specifically for your make and model. My current one is the Noah All Weather on a 2016 Pilot and has been used for 4 years. Cost me $310 4 years ago and has a 4 year guarantee which still has 6 months to go. From experience I would expect to get at least 4 more years out of it. If you want a good cover expect to pay for it. Those cheap $150 covers are just that, cheap.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take a look at California Car Cover. I have used two of their covers when I am in Florida for the winter. You can get a cover made specifically for your make and model. My current one is the Noah All Weather on a 2016 Pilot and has been used for 4 years. Cost me $310 4 years ago and has a 4 year guarantee which still has 6 months to go. From experience I would expect to get at least 4 more years out of it. If you want a good cover expect to pay for it. Those cheap $150 covers are just that, cheap.
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for to read! Will check it out and sure will provide a feedback to the forum to help someone else. But thank you so much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts