Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an autostarter yet? I would like to do so, since it's real nice to be able to come out of work to a toasty warm vehicle when it's -30c and a howling blizzard in February. I know that there is an issue because of the chip-enabled keys (if I understand correctly, the autostart unit essentially needs its own "key" plugged in to it).

This causes me a bit of concern. I also worry a bit about the effects of this on other vehicle electronics. We had an autostart system on our 98 Toyota 4Runner, and it worked great. However, we were told with our previous car, a Volvo AWD, not to try it because it had a good chance of messing up the car's electrical system (though in retrospect, I don't see how anything could have made it worse :mad: ).

Anyone tried it? Any opinions? Is there justifiable cause for concern. I do have a reputable shop I can go to for this.

---
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody? I may give it a try then and be the guinea pig :eek:
I'll go in and get an estimate and find out more details on potential issues and give an update in a few days.

---
03 Pilot EX-L SS w/RB
01 Audi S4

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Not a recommendation

I don't know nor have I used these guys, but their web site seems to give lots of information and they have a technical assistance number.

http://www.12voltshop.com/

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I just installed one last week. It's not that cold here yet, but I wanted to avoid the winter rush at the installation shop which was recommended to me by the dealer.

The only problem I had so far was with the SRS light being on constantly after I had the car starter installed. No biggie though, all's I had to do was just drop in the service department and they just reset it for me.

I say, talk to a few people who've had it installed and may be even the dealer itself to see if they recommend a particular shop to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts