Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I am finished with my installation.

Head Unit: Kenwood eXcelon Z910 DVD/CD
Power Amp: Crunch P5520
Dash Tweeters: CDT Audio 1LP
Front Speakers: CDT Audio Classic 6.5 components with tweeter upgrade
Rear Speakers: CDT Audio Classic 6.5 Braxial
Video: 7in. TFT roof mount Monitor TVIEW7WOOD
Satellite Tuner: Kenwood KTC-SR902
Sub: Polk GNX 10

It took me about 20 hours to complete.
Tomorrow some Pictures

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Lesm, I'm in Ridgewood we should hook up some time. I would love to see that setup. Did you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Hey John K, I'm from that area. I used to live by Stanhope St and Cypress Ave. Moved down to Florida a long time ago though. Last time I was there was about 5 yrs ago. Nice to see people on here from my old town.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi John K.
I e-mailed you my Phone #.

Yes, I did it all myself. CDT Audio speakers are great although tough to install. Crunch amp is very inexpensive, and I could not find any obvious problems usually associated with low-end amps. Head Unit “Kenwood Z910” is fairly good since I paid less than $500. Satellite tuner and installation kit were free with the purchase of H/U. Polk Audio sub sounds very respectable, and the monitor is a classic example of good specifications and not so hot performance, but my four-year-old son approves.
lesm

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
lesm: Do you have any pictures you can post. I would love to see what the head unit looks like. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Looks really good lesm. Thanks for the pics! I will post my pics as soon as I have the system installed. I just bought the Delphi Skyfi XM system yesterday. Waiting on some other parts to have a clean install, but already using it with the tape adapter it came with. Sound is great with the XM. I actually have to lower the volume when I play it between 1-2 bars where normally i have 3-4 bars when listening to FM. Also it is crystal clear reception where I am.

·
Registered
10 Posts
lesm, how hard was it to install the second row video screen? The thought of cutting up my Pilot gives me the shivers! The results look great though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it is scary. Just make sure to find the front brace first, before you cut. You will have to attach the monitor to it.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
lesm, that's just so cool! Congrats on your successful DYI project. I really like it. The woodgrain trim looks nice too. Did the flip-down monitor come with the woodgrain like that or did DYI it as well?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts