Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have 2020 Pilot Touring. only 1400 miles on it. I am having a problem with audio system(aka infotainment system). Starting from yesterder, I am getting network connection error and the system reboots by itself with speedometer while I am driving. Is it anyway to fix this problem doing myself? so far, i removed the minus terminal(same problem) and I did reset the system on setting menu(got worse with tik tik tik noise before network error pops up). I saw couple posts saying honda does not know how to fix this problem, is it true??
0AA5D9EA-3C62-45A6-961B-3589882B1749.png

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a 2020 Touring too with about 1,500 miles, and I’m also worried that I’ll have the same issue with my Pilot since it’s happening to so many people. I don’t think Honda has found a proper fix, but some people achieved success when the dealer rerouted the harnesses. Your car is so new that I doubt the dealer will charge anything for it. If they do, just go to a different dealer. I understand how much it sucks to have this issue that Honda doesn’t seem like they’re addressing. Keep us updated on this!

·
Registered
248 Posts
File a complaint with NHTSA. Assuming the backup camera doesn’t work when the failure occurs, make sure your complaint highlights the inoperable camera. The backup camera is required safety equipment. The camera not operating is the most likely path to safety a recall for this problem.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot Black Edition
87 Posts
I have a 2020 Touring too with about 1,500 miles, and I’m also worried that I’ll have the same issue with my Pilot since it’s happening to so many people. I don’t think Honda has found a proper fix, but some people achieved success when the dealer rerouted the harnesses. Your car is so new that I doubt the dealer will charge anything for it. If they do, just go to a different dealer. I understand how much it sucks to have this issue that Honda doesn’t seem like they’re addressing. Keep us updated on this!
I was contemplating on responding to this topic 3d ago to say I have not experienced it on my 2020 BE and voila... it happened this afternoon. I have 3,700 miles on it. It started with the crackling sound from the tweeters that became loud and then that exact thing in the photo happened. Luckily the dashboard display turned on again as well as the GPS. I was out the entire afternoon with the family and it happened like 3 times, the third time I was able to capture in a video that I'm showing the dealership when I bring in the car next week. I guess it's not a matter of "if it will happen" but "when it will happen". It's a good thing we have this forum and I'll read through past posts to prep myself going to the dealership..

·
Registered
813 Posts
I was contemplating on responding to this topic 3d ago to say I have not experienced it on my 2020 BE and voila... it happened this afternoon. I have 3,700 miles on it. It started with the crackling sound from the tweeters that became loud and then that exact thing in the photo happened. Luckily the dashboard display turned on again as well as the GPS. I was out the entire afternoon with the family and it happened like 3 times, the third time I was able to capture in a video that I'm showing the dealership when I bring in the car next week. I guess it's not a matter of "if it will happen" but "when it will happen". It's a good thing we have this forum and I'll read through past posts to prep myself going to the dealership..
Does your screen get hot? When I was purchasing my Pilot, the guy said his 2019 ex had issues too. The screen wouldn’t turn off and it was getting hot.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does your screen get hot? When I was purchasing my Pilot, the guy said his 2019 ex had issues too. The screen wouldn’t turn off and it was getting hot.
Nope, the screen is not hot when this happened.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
Hello all, I have 2020 Pilot Touring. only 1400 miles on it. I am having a problem with audio system(aka infotainment system). Starting from yesterder, I am getting network connection error and the system reboots by itself with speedometer while I am driving. Is it anyway to fix this problem doing myself? so far, i removed the minus terminal(same problem) and I did reset the system on setting menu(got worse with tik tik tik noise before network error pops up). I saw couple posts saying honda does not know how to fix this problem, is it true??
View attachment 137865
Your issue sounds different than the normal infotainment issue, ie no crackling speaker(s), black screen etc. I suspect that in your case this may be an antenna or antenna lead issue as it is trying to reacquire the signal.

So a forum search, I seem to remember this issue coming up before and it was antenna related.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So just an update on my 2020 Pilot BE, I dropped it this afternoon and it took them 3 hours to "fix" the issue. On my way to the service center I still experienced that cracking sound but on the way back home it disappeared, totally gone. In their write-up, they indicated "Inspected all most unit connectors and checked shut down log per bulletin 19-097. Shut down log indicates failure in all components. Removed all most system components and checked terminals and wire routing. Checked shut down log and no problem found when procedure in bulletin 19-097 was done". They acknowledged it's a known issue, but admitted that the fix may not completely resolve the issue. I don't know how true but the advisor said they have not seen customers return after doing the bulletin 19-097 procedure in Pilots, Odysseys and Passports. So I'm just hoping for the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts