Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Pilot
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a 2012 Honda Pilot this weekend. Everything works well except the screen reads "Audio Power Off" with no audio functions responding. The dealer said this could be due to a blown fuse, which sounds probable. If it is a fuse then the expectation is the anti-theft code can be entered and we are in business. Anyone else seen this before?

thanks,

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
The "audio" screen on the middle display shows that when the radio is off. Your post suggests that you tried to turn it on but nothing happened.

There's a procedure to allow the entertainment stack to read the VIN from the PCM (engine controller), but the display would be asking you to enter the code manually, rather than showing the power-off message. Since the car is at a dealer, they should be able to get that working again for you to verify. I'm assuming your test drive was at a dealer?

FWIW, fuses don't just blow on their own for no reason. Fuses are installed to protect the wiring to a device or load, and only blow when there's excessive current flowing in that wire. Like a short circuit path to ground. Blown fuses for me are a sign that I am doing something wrong while working on the car. If a fuse is blown, I want to know why.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I take it pressing the audio power button (middle of volume knob) or holding it for 15-20 sec yielded no result?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts