Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon this video posted by Honda, showing a hammock being attached between a tree and the Pilot. It's often hard to find 2 trees suitable for a hammock, but using this method you can set up a hammock just about anywhere while camping.

Seems easy enough to tie one end of a hammock to a tree - just use a carabiner with a strap. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to attach the hammock to a trailer hitch ball. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Heck of a lot easier on the transmission!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Surprised no one else had anything to say about or questions on this video, like "Pack a hammock for those times your waiting for roadside assistance/tow truck." ???

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Seems easy enough to tie one end of a hammock to a tree - just use a carabiner with a strap. However, I cannot seem to figure out how to attach the hammock to a trailer hitch ball. Does anyone have any ideas?
Harbor Freight sells over-sized carabiners for a few bucks that can make the connection to the trailer hitch ball. Slip on with the large end then rotate the smaller end around the trailer hitch ball.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,266 Posts
I stumbled upon this video posted by Honda, showing a hammock being attached between a tree and the Pilot. It's often hard to find 2 trees suitable for a hammock, but using this method you can set up a hammock just about anywhere while camping.

How about the method used by the maker of the video? 2" ball, 3" ring. 3" ring goes over 2" ball.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,039 Posts
That's pretty clever. Now to get me a hammock....

·
Registered
81 Posts

Simple tie down straps would work nice. If the hammock has a ring, pass one end through the ring and both loops over the hitch. If the hammock has a hook, loop the middle of the strap around the ball and hook the loops on the hook.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts