Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, first post - and glad I found this! Lots of great info here! Anyway, 2003 Pilot, 174k miles but you’d never know it by looking at it. ATF light recently made an appearance. Just left a restaurant with a bad drop off from their lot to the main road. Minutes later the atf overheat light came on. Got it home after trying the cool down procedure which never did get the light out. Yet there were no smells or anything revealing an overheat condition. I verified with a temp gun that the case of the Trans was only 135 when I arrived home 2 miles after the light came on. Fast forward 2 weeks. Light hasn’t came on until today - I changed both front struts, LCA’s, CV axles, and had it jacked up in the garage for a few days. I dropped it down, test drove great, came back and left the AC on in the driveway while I washed it so I didn’t burn the glass because it’s hot as hell out. Anyway, get back in it, atf temp light on, validated that the cases via temp gun, were at 134... No smells, fluid at the correct mark, all signs good as far as physical issues, no shift problems, etc... Has anyone ever found a pinched/chaffed wire by chance, or any inside scoop is totally appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
ATF temperature sensor is my guess as well. If you don’t want to guess if that’s the problem, you can jumper the pins on the OBD2 connector to get the diagnostic codes to flash on the dash. Search the forum for those instructions. Or you can get the codes read with a Honda specific reader.

Reactions: Jetmax1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts