Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

At what temp is your climate control set for summer?

• 66 or lower!! It\'s too hot outside!

Votes: 7 7.5%

Votes: 3 3.2%

Votes: 11 11.8%

Votes: 14 15.1%

Votes: 8 8.6%

Votes: 12 12.9%

Votes: 24 25.8%

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • 74 or higher!! It\'s freezing outside!

Votes: 8 8.6%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally keep mine full auto at 69 degrees. The last few mornings I've had to turn it down because it's only 56 outside and my heat comes on!!

Do you set it and forget it? If so, at what temp?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I did a test about a month ago to see if it really was a set and forget climate control, and decided it was. I kept it at 71 then. Now, as the days get warmer, I prefer 73. I keep the house at 76 in the summer and 70 in the winter.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
a2Pilot said:
I normally keep mine full auto at 69 degrees. The last few mornings I've had to turn it down because it's only 56 outside and my heat comes on!!

Do you set it and forget it? If so, at what temp?
On full auto, won't the system occasionally activate the AC, thus reducing fuel economy?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I usually keep it at 76-78 here in the Aridzona summer heat. When it's >100F out, and the humidity is low, that seems to do the job. Anything lower, my wife complains about it blowing too hard. It seems to vary the fan speed depending on the differential between the interior sensor and the set point.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: At what temp is your climate control set for summer?

sfhondapilot said:

On full auto, won't the system occasionally activate the AC, thus reducing fuel economy?
Yes.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
:D with arkansas heat, I leave it at auto and 72 and it feels cool and the a/c works like it supposed to. I do not even press the a/c button which is a nice feature unlike the IS300 where even if you put it on auto the a/c doesn't turn unless you press it. therefore, not a real auto a/c.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
depending on how hot I am feeling keep it between 68 and 70

·
Registered
234 Posts
I tend to keep mine at around 71. However, I don't quite like how the AC would sometimes go into full blast (eg starting up the car after its parked in the sun on a hot day) so I may adjust it up a little in the first few minutes and then turn it down to 71 later on just to avoid the AC blowing at full. Thus, not quite set and forget for me...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: Re: At what temp is your climate control set for summer?

sfhondapilot said:

On full auto, won't the system occasionally activate the AC [snip]
That's the point, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
It's like 90 to 95 degrees in the LA area. I usually set the climate control to 72 degrees. Note that the Pilot AC is far superior than the AC in my Acura TL.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Jeez am I the only one who keeps it at 64? I can't have it full blast like that for an entire trip but in the beginning, it is a must. Florida is a hot and humid pit.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I keep mine at 75 with the temps here in S. Florida in the high 80's to mid 90's mark (with heat index upto 110).

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: Re: Re: At what temp is your climate control set for summer?

tracy said:

That's the point, isn't it?
In the post, the temp setting was above the ambient temperture, therefore the vent system was warming the outside air. That being the case, probably don't need to condition the air and having it on full auto may cause the AC to run. If you don't need to de-humidify and you are warming the outside air, the Auto vs Full Auto selection is a better choice.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I keep mine on full auto at 71, but in the winter I had it at 73. I've been very pleased with the performance of the ac, and I love how quickly it can cool off such a large interior that's been sitting in the sun.

As far as full auto in the winter, yes, it will sometimes activate the ac, but modern ac does not tax your fuel economy nearly as much as it did in the old days. I doubt if you could document any substantial loss, and the system's health and longevity requires that it be run regularly, even in winter. So I recommend leaving it on full auto year round.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Where is the Whatever The Wife Wants It Set At You Ungrateful, Uncaring Man I Think I Am Going To Cry category.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Twinkie said:
Where is the Whatever The Wife Wants It Set At You Ungrateful, Uncaring Man I Think I Am Going To Cry category.

you too?

:D

:6:

:8:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And why is it that the sun is always shining in on my side so I FRY, and she's over on the passenger side SHIVERING!!!:jump3:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
a2Pilot said:
And why is it that the sun is always shining in on my side so I FRY, and she's over on the passenger side SHIVERING!!!:jump3:
Why not let her drive for awhile? :2:

·
Registered
152 Posts

It's set at 69 at all time and it's always on my mind too :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts