Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Running Conti LX25s here on my '17 Elite. They are a great all season tire that works well in the snow. Probably not as well as Blizzaks but I don't have to bother changing them out in the summer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Both Normal and Snow mode worked well, not sure yet why I need Snow mode, it handled 4 inches and hard packed ice in Normal mode just fine. I am very happy with the result. The car feels solid I can confidently say my Pilot did better in the snow than my 2013 Subaru Outback with Blizzaks. I am very happy with my choice!
Yay, isn't that a great feeling! And your same brand tire, so much better w/the Pilot!

Coming back from NW Mt late Sept, that big wintery storm they suddenly had blew me on my way. By Sandpoint, in addition to the wild gusty winds it was snowing hard, thru Spokane was a snowy/slushy/rainy messy mix. After coming up out of Spokane, now dark, on the flats there - omg, suddenly 2" of slush on the road w/the snow/slush/rain/wind still going on.... cars around me all swishing around, I put Stevie (my pilot) in 'snow' mode - perfect, drove right thru it like it wasn't there (stock tires). I was quite impressed, too!
kslu wa and Silverwolfe-
If you haven't had a chance, click on my links for the tranny modes for the snow mode and how it works (especially at end of ridgeline link). Here is one post that has most of the links in it tranny snow links.

Silverwolfe, PM me some links with other pictures of your PIlot with the rims. Looks nice from the Avatar. Trying to convince the wife on similiar.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Silverwolfe, PM me some links with other pictures of your PIlot with the rims. Looks nice from the Avatar. Trying to convince the wife on similiar.
Hi Sequoiasoon - would you like the "oh pretty" or more "rawwrrrr" look. ;)

New to how things work here.... added photos in an album in my profile. Can you see them there?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Changed my tires out to nokian haakapallita R3SUvs, due to the trouble balancing the wildpeaks. The R3suvs also rub slightly at full lock both ways.

Interestingly I took her to a specialty alignment shop that also checks sub-frames, thinks outside of the box, and much of the balance trouble is gone. I'd like to try the wildpeaks again, but the tire shop would probably shoot me. ;)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts