Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just told me about this polish and how great it is. He applied it to a 2003 Black Accord and when he was finished it looked like a mirror! So I figured, I'll try it. I did, and let me tell you the day after I put it on, it was pouring rain and the water just beads off! The Pilot looks as if was just washed! It also works on glass as well!
The site where I purchased it from was:

http://www.astroshield.com

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Can you post a few pics showing the shine / reflection?

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
I love your sign.

An is true:4: :D :2:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would like to see some pics as well, I am contemplating getting Zaino. I know from our members post that this product works great, I just don't feel like making a career out of applying this stuff. Spending half of my weekend waxing my car just doesnt sound that exciting. Its just incredible the amount of steps you have to go through to wax your car with Zaino.

Did you only apply Astroshield once ?

·
Registered
620 Posts
bczapl said:
My friend just told me about this polish and how great it is. He applied it to a 2003 Black Accord and when he was finished it looked like a mirror! So I figured, I'll try it. I did, and let me tell you the day after I put it on, it was pouring rain and the water just beads off! The Pilot looks as if was just washed! It also works on glass as well!
The site where I purchased it from was:

http://www.astroshield.com
I read polish was for older cars with paint that is fading and you should use wax on a car when it is new to protect the new finish... I think I read it on the Zaino web site

·
Registered
288 Posts
My .02 on this topic

tonyrwc said:
I am contemplating getting Zaino. I know from our members post that this product works great, I just don't feel like making a career out of applying this stuff. Spending half of my weekend waxing my car just doesnt sound that exciting. Its just incredible the amount of steps you have to go through to wax your car with Zaino.
I am one of those Zaino supporters, and yes it seems like a lot of steps, but the majority of the difficult or time consuming steps would also need to be done regarless of the product used. Polishing, waxing, polymering, detailing, babying, whatever you would like to call it that you are going to do to your car; the results will depend on the preparation that you go through before you actually apply that product you select to protect it. The better you prepare the car the better it will look. There is a group of testers out there (Guru Reports) that rated a $2.99 can of wax in their top five best products and this was out of pretty much every wax available, the thing that they said and I completely agree with is that preparation is everything, that $2.99 wax may not have worked as well if they had not prepped so well. Now, as far as longevity I like Zaino, and longevity was one of the most important aspects to me in a good wax. The longer it lasts the less times you have to apply it, in the long run you are saving yourself time. Also, Zaino looks amazing, which is my other important factor in a good wax.

...I do not work for Zaino or benefit in any way from promoting their products, I just like them, and like some people get very excited about different things, my passion cars and one of the most important things about owning a nice one is to keep it looking as good as you can.

[stepping down from my soap box]

·
Registered
449 Posts
tonyrwc said:
I would like to see some pics as well, I am contemplating getting Zaino. I know from our members post that this product works great, I just don't feel like making a career out of applying this stuff. Spending half of my weekend waxing my car just doesnt sound that exciting. Its just incredible the amount of steps you have to go through to wax your car with Zaino.

Did you only apply Astroshield once ?
My name is Twinkie and I'm a Zainoholic. I celebrating my 10 day chip today.

You won't make a career out of it unless you want to. The preparation stage is where you will invest the most time, or the least depending upon your expectations and desires. As PSU said, this will be true of any wax/finish you put on. Once you get to the point of actually applying and removing Zaino, you will find the process fairly reasonable in my opinion. Some that I know make it nearly a weekly ritual and others that go months in between Zainoings. But if you are like me, once you start you can't stop - the smell is intoxicating and before you know it you're Zainoing the cat.:1:

·
Registered
483 Posts
A big thank you to PSUPilot and Twinkie for the insight, I will go with the Zaino. I've been leaning that way just from reading all of the positive posts on this product but as I stated above, I was concerned about the amount of time it would take to apply it. It doesnt sound that bad from what you have described, so again, a big thank you! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
tonyrwc said:
A big thank you to PSUPilot and Twinkie for the insight, I will go with the Zaino. I've been leaning that way just from reading all of the positive posts on this product but as I stated above, I was concerned about the amount of time it would take to apply it. It doesnt sound that bad from what you have described, so again, a big thank you! :)
Glad to help anytime and just remember its the amount of time you spend prepping the car that will make it look good, not necessarly the product you use.

As far as Zaino, remember to follow the instructions, if you are purchasing from a distributor I am sure they will give you detailed instructions, or if you call Sal himself he will tell you what you need to know; but if you are just sending the order form in remember when applying Zaino you only need to use a very small amount, I believe the guideline is on bottle of Z2 or Z5 will do a midsize car eight times.

·
Registered
483 Posts
PSUPilot said:

Glad to help anytime and just remember its the amount of time you spend prepping the car that will make it look good, not necessarly the product you use.

As far as Zaino, remember to follow the instructions, if you are purchasing from a distributor I am sure they will give you detailed instructions, or if you call Sal himself he will tell you what you need to know; but if you are just sending the order form in remember when applying Zaino you only need to use a very small amount, I believe the guideline is on bottle of Z2 or Z5 will do a midsize car eight times.
I will purchase directly from Zaino, who better to answer any possible questions that I might have than the "Man" himself !:4: :4:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts