Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the older guys and girls.
The colder weather is coming and in the morning I usually have to run my fingers under hot water for about 20 minutes to get them moving.
Does anyone have any tricks to get your hands working in the morning.
I have tried pain killers, and other medication.
Just my fingers are always seized up. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
What about one of those microwaveable hot/cold gel packs?

Reactions: plplplpl and PHM

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Maybe check with a doctor?🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
The colder weather is coming and in the morning I usually have to run my fingers under hot water for about 20 minutes to get them moving.
WHAT?
FR? 20 minutes, every cold morning?

I'm a health care provider- W/O asking about all your Past Medical history, etc.
Somethings not right! See a Rheumatologist maybe? The possibilities are many. Have you had any basic labs done recently, etc.
Is your body temperature near normal when this happens? Are the fingers blue?

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WHAT?
FR? 20 minutes, every cold morning?

I'm a health care provider- W/O asking about all your Past Medical history, etc.
Somethings not right! See a Rheumatologist maybe? The possibilities are many. Have you had any basic labs done recently, etc.
Is your body temperature near normal when this happens? Are the fingers blue?
Temp is all good. No blue. Hard to explain, my fingers are not straight anymore, they are going sideways now, not big time, but enough to notice. Just to get them moving in the morning is a chore.
Hot water works to a degree, but I find I am having trouble chaining machines down with limited mobility.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Relocate to FL... Sounds like Canuckistan isn't a good place for your joints!

Reactions: PHM

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Relocate to FL... Sounds like Canuckistan isn't a good place for your joints!
True. I have worked outside for 30 years, no gloves. Tried gloves but they froze up so quick, it was better without.
Paying the price now.
Cold metal and swinging a duckbill adds up to a painful future.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
Temp is all good. No blue. Hard to explain, my fingers are not straight anymore, they are going sideways now, not big time, but enough to notice. Just to get them moving in the morning is a chore.
Hot water works to a degree, but I find I am having trouble chaining machines down with limited mobility.
Have been checked for Rheumatoid Factor- Rheumatoid Arthritis? Sounds a lot like it to me. There are some specific treatments that can help if it's that.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have been checked for Rheumatoid Factor- Rheumatoid Arthritis? Sounds a lot like it to me. There are some specific treatments that can help if it's that.
Thank you. I will see if I can find a Doctor to look into that,

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Funny you should mention that. Just started happening to me, too. What is it about the morning that makes those finger joints so stiff? Didn't use to be like that.

Naproxen might help. I'd write you a prescription but I left my pad at the office. Also, I'm not a doctor so check with yours.

·
Registered
180 Posts
True. Rheumatoid or regular osteoarthritis. Just par for the course for some with aging. Rheumatoid specific medications can help if you fail to improve with NSAIDS and good old fashioned Tylenol. If you take a hot shower in the morning just run the water over your hands.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts