Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get artist and song title on the DII? It appears on the main screen, but would be nice to have on the DII. 2020 Pilot Touring

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've never been able to get anything to show on my 2019 Touring other than what music source is playing such as FM, AM, etc.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is there a way to get artist and song title on the DII? It appears on the main screen, but would be nice to have on the DII. 2020 Pilot Touring
Well, it appears that something has changed since the last time I tried getting artist and song title to show up on the Driver's Information screen! Never used to show anything, but today when checking it I was pleasantly surprised!
Android Auto-Shows the symbol for Android Auto, the artist, and the song
USB-shows the symbol for USB, the artist, and the song
My Honda Music-didn't notice what symbol showed, but it also shows the artist and the song

I didn't try any FM/AM/Sirius XM/CD or FM H/D sources so don't know if they show any information on the screen. I actually forgot I have a CD player, and had dropped the XM services about a month ago.

I had the "Now Playing" selected in order to see these. Last time I had tried seeing if anything showed up there has to be well over a year ago, since I never really found any use for it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,298 Posts
Interesting, I never had that issue with my 2020 Passport Touring. Always had the album cover, artist and song currently playing showing. Did your system perhaps download and install an update?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Interesting, I never had that issue with my 2020 Passport Touring. Always had the album cover, artist and song currently playing showing. Did your system perhaps download and install an update?
This is on the small screen in front of the driver, near the speedometer readout. The large screen by the navigation/radio is where I still have a read out including with the album cover. No album cover though in front of the driver. Have no idea if there was an update, but still not able to delete the files in My Honda Music. May have been an update but not initiated by me that I am aware of. Only update was the navigation maps back in November or so.

Posted about it before here, but haven't had a chance to get to the dealer yet. I also haven't done a complete wipe of the information as I don't want to loose my lifetime MPG on Trip Odometer B. The almost 23.2 MPG average showing after almost 15000 miles looks too good to maybe delete if I do a factory reset. In actuality, the MPG is really 22.3 hand calculated over those 15000 miles using Fuelly.

·
Super Moderator
4,298 Posts
This is on the small screen in front of the driver, near the speedometer readout. The large screen by the navigation/radio is where I still have a read out including with the album cover. No album cover though in front of the driver. Have no idea if there was an update, but still not able to delete the files in My Honda Music. May have been an update but not initiated by me that I am aware of. Only update was the navigation maps back in November or so.

Posted about it before here, but haven't had a chance to get to the dealer yet. I also haven't done a complete wipe of the information as I don't want to loose my lifetime MPG on Trip Odometer B. The almost 23.2 MPG average showing after almost 15000 miles looks too good to maybe delete if I do a factory reset. In actuality, the MPG is really 22.3 hand calculated over those 15000 miles using Fuelly.
Ah, never bothered to look at that. I want driving information in front of me and entertainment information on the entertainment screen.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ah, never bothered to look at that. I want driving information in front of me and entertainment information on the entertainment screen.
What driving information do you have there that you find useful enough to leave on the screen? Just curious. I usually leave the Navigation information on the driver's screen.

I wish they had driving information there! No readouts for oil temp or pressure, water temp, transmission temp, alternator output, etc. Mostly pretty useless information such as watching the AWD system distribute power (which isn't too handle when trying to watch the road in icy, snowy, wet conditions) in my opinion. Tire pressure, not going to watch that hour after hour. Oil life remaining? Yep, still at 60% like it was 500 miles ago. LOL!

·
Super Moderator
4,298 Posts
I don't need to look at any screen if I need to use the phone, voice controls work wonderfully. I know the songs that are playing since I put them on my Honda Music, I know the albums by heart, I like em, that's why I put them on there. The navigation I have is a nice pretty color screen, so I like it better than a tiny b&W screen, especially if I'm using Waze, and if I'm not listening to my music then I am listening to Sirius/XM. They only time the radio portion ever plays is if I am in the car at 0900 hours on a Saturday Morning. Gotta have my weekly fill of Click and Clack.

·
Registered
846 Posts
What's nice about the "tiny" screen for the navigation is it only shows the street name you are on and the compass. Until you have a destination in the factory navigation unit or the Android Auto (not sure about the Car Play). Then it will show how far before your next turn, and which way you are turning, plus other information.

Pretty handy at times.

Didn't realize they are still playing Click and Clack! Used to like listening to that show, followed by "What Do You Know"

·
Super Moderator
4,298 Posts
What's nice about the "tiny" screen for the navigation is it only shows the street name you are on and the compass. Until you have a destination in the factory navigation unit or the Android Auto (not sure about the Car Play). Then it will show how far before your next turn, and which way you are turning, plus other information.

Pretty handy at times.

Didn't realize they are still playing Click and Clack! Used to like listening to that show, followed by "What Do You Know"
If you don't know the street name you are on, you need to let some else drive. :ROFLMAO:

As for the turns etc. I just listen to that lovely female Australian voice that tells me the same thing, and I'm not talking about my wife. She tells me what's on the screen, and if I happen to be confused, I like to see the big picture.

Yep around here Best of Car Talk is still on at 0900 on Saturday morning and 1100 on Sunday Morning. On Saturday however it is followed by Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. On Sunday Morning it is proceeded by Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. What Do You Know has been off our air waves for a few years now.

·
Registered
846 Posts
If you don't know the street name you are on, you need to let some else drive. :ROFLMAO:

Never left your neighborhood to go into a different city, state, etc???? You need to get out more!!!! 🤡

·
Super Moderator
4,298 Posts

Never left your neighborhood to go into a different city, state, etc???? You need to get out more!!!! 🤡
No, spent 34 years in a job where situational awareness was paramount to safety. I know where I am at, at all times and my attention is on the situation and the job at hand. My wife sees the traffic light 50' from the intersection. I can tell you what color the light is at the intersection three blocks away and every light closer.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Not sure how street light colors got into the discussion about street names on the driver's informational screen???

I know where I am at, at all times

So that works well when on a driving vacation or driving in a different town that you have never been to before? Or when street signs with names are missing? Or it's dark and there are no lights showing the street signs with names? You know what road you are on all the time? You have a map memorized in your head????

I also worked a job where situational safety for myself, other workers, and citizens was paramount. Had to know what was happening, where it was happening, and how to get to where it was happening. Even then, there were times I had to stop and think or look for street signs to make sure where I was and the best way to get there.. Adrenaline and not knowing what you may find can do that to you, along with getting there as quickly and safely as possible.

Now that I am retired and we drive in new areas a lot, it is helpful seeing at a glance what street we are on by looking at the driver's screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts