Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked all through the aftermarket armrest thread and I can't find anything about the 2019 armrest removal. I would assume it's the same as 2018 but I can't get this thing off for the life of me. It's the ratcheting armrest and I have the template from JJ showing 37 degrees but still no luck. Has anyone been able to remove this yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Honda dealer removed my original arm rests and installed my new ones for $30.00. They washed my car too! The $30.00 figure is Honda book time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am interested in people's experience with this also. I have a 2018 and would like to get the 2109 wider armrests. Looking at the video, it appears there is a zipper along the rear corner of the seat. I wonder if it is possible to unzip the cover far enough to access whatever is holding the armrest on.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Is anyone able to take photos comparing the 2019 arm rests to previous gen? Measurement comparisons would be great as well.

Is there really that much improvement ? If so I'll have my dealer install the 2019's on my 2017 if they are compatible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just left the dealer. They couldn't get the 2019 Touring armrest off. They referred me to an auto trim shop. uuuggghhhhhh so frustrated.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Dude with that rope in the video you stand no chance. You need to move the passenger seat all the way back. Take both hands and grab the armrest as close to the seat as you can. Wrap your fingers around the base of the shaft of the armrest. Move the armrest all the way to the top facing up to reset the clicking setting. Slowly angle it downwards little by little and pull hard directly sideways at each increment. I took me about 30 minutes to find my angle and stitch. You must pull hard. REAL HARD. I went flying across the car when it released the first time. Now I can get it out in 5 seconds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled until my fingers quit working. Took it to the dealer and they couldn't get it loose either. I'll give it another go though I'm losing hope.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got rear ended last week and it's getting repaired Tuesday. I talked to the auto body guy and he's gonna get his techs to swap it out. Fingers crossed it actually happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem. I took one of my 1" ratchet straps, slid it down on top of the pivot. Made length to stand outside pass. door, wrapped the strap around a 2ft pry bar, set armrest at the 37 degree angle, popped right off.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So what is the trick? Can't be that many of us who can't get it out. I just spent an hour trying to remove the factory armrest, even had a friend come by and give it a try. No luck and very frustrated. Going to try the dealer this week

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2019 Touring armrests are about 3 1/8" at the widest point Jmiller284.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts