Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that their armrest doesn't latch tightly? Mine seems to make a small click, but if you pull up on the armrest, it will just come right up. Is this something I should have looked at?

Also, of more concern, the front passenger seat doesn't seem to lock into place. Whenever the driver brakes, the seat moves forward/backward what feels like a 1/2 inch or so and makes a little clicking noise.

As I am the primary driver, I hadn't noticed the seat clicking until this weekend when my husband drove and I was the passenger. My daughter usually sits up front with me, so I asked her about it and she said she noticed it as well. Why she never told me, I'll never know!!???

Anyone with similar minor, but annoying problems?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
I have nither of these problems in my Pilot. Seems its time for your Honda dealer to earn some "Honda Cash" :confused:

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've felt the front passenger seat "slide" as well. I thought it was in my head, but after feeling it numerous times, I know it's there. I've also recently started to notice the driver's seat side-to-side movement as well. Two more things to get fixed I guess...

·
Registered
342 Posts
My center console had the same problem. It turned out that the screws that hold it down were not tight enough. I fixed it myself.

To get to the screws all you have to do is pull the curved trim off. There are no clips or screw holding the trim in place so you can just grab it and pull it straight up and it will slide right off. There is one screw on each side of the console bracket.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Here's the thread of the TSB for the "loose seat" fix. However, it addresses "side-to-side" looseness in the driver's power seat.

Make sure your getting the console lid all the way closed. Sometimes mine doesn't shut all the way and fails to latch properly.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you have change in the change holder on the console bracket you may have trouble getting the lid to latch. In my experience it can only hold one or two coins in each "silo" before I started having problems with it. I also tended to knock coins out of the holder as I got things out of the console.

The change holder is one of the few things on my Pilot that I don't care for.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
ChuckW said:
My center console had the same problem. It turned out that the screws that hold it down were not tight enough. I fixed it myself.

To get to the screws all you have to do is pull the curved trim off. There are no clips or screw holding the trim in place so you can just grab it and pull it straight up and it will slide right off. There is one screw on each side of the console bracket.
I noticed something with my console lid today, but not sure if it is the same problem as being reported here. When I open the door - it does not seem to be firmly attached to the hinge/bracket itself. It will move approximately 5 or so degrees in respect to the hinge/bracket. This does not seem normal - but perhaps it has always been this way - by design. :confused:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Seat issues

I've had driver's seat issues since Day 1. The side to side problem was fixed with the shim kit. The front to back movement upon hard braking is still there and I have the regional service rep taking a look. The movement however varies depending on seat bottom position. Play around with the tilt and you should notice a difference. I've noticed less slide with the front of the seat bottom tilted upwards and more slide with it tilted more downward. Front to back adjustments seem to affect it as well.

This is my only major pet peeve left, really.

·
Registered
307 Posts
colorider, I noticed the same thing with my armrest bracket, I havent changed mine, thought it was possibly designed that way to withstand being bumped past where it should go.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
whitepilot said:
colorider, I noticed the same thing with my armrest bracket, I havent changed mine, thought it was possibly designed that way to withstand being bumped past where it should go.
Okay - that's encouraging at least. It just seems a bit abby-normal!

:confused:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah its been that way for almost a year now (in july) and hasnt gotten any worse, not sure if my theory carries any weight though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've got the loose console lid also because of the screws. Thanks to ChuckW for the tip on the trim. I hadn't looked at it yet, but knew I couldn't get a screwdriver in there.

I keep a lot of change in my console for the turnpike...

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
dsrpilot said:
you need :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
dsrpilot said:
I've got the loose console lid also because of the screws. Thanks to ChuckW for the tip on the trim. I hadn't looked at it yet, but knew I couldn't get a screwdriver in there.

So, do I understand your hinge seems loose in respect to the lid too? :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes. Loose screws (no pun intended).

As for ez pass, last time I checked you couldn't move it from one car to another, and big brother could use your ez pass times to calculate your speed and give you a ticket.

I'll wait in line to give them my dime...

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
dsrpilot said:
Yes. Loose screws (no pun intended).

Hmmm, the way whitepilot talked, it almost sounded "normal" - now I wonder if my "screws are loose" too?! :3: :2:

How did you pop off the cover to access the screws?

·
Registered
82 Posts
from ChuckW...

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
dsrpilot said:
from ChuckW...

Okay - now war your problem the console itself - or the top door hinge? Mine seems to be that the top door moves in relation to the hinge. :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
I can unlatch my console top door, and then move the lid side to side (passenger to driver). This is because the screws are loose on the hinge.

·
Registered
112 Posts
dsrpilot said:
from ChuckW...

Can you please post a picture of how to do this...I cant figure out what you mean....and mine has this problem....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts