Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - finally got my digital camera, laptop, and software talking to each other -

Here are the long-awaited Arizona Pilot trip pix -

That's Threadhead's Sandstone & our Evergreen Pearl.

First we went to the Longhorn Grill - according to Threadhead, it's been featured on NPR and in several films -

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more longhorn grill

The kids had a lot of fun - eating the TERRIFIC food (get the Nachos!) and looking at the replica mine - not to mention eating inside a cow! Also the kids took turns with running with the GPS and clocking their speed.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next it was off to try out some geocaching

Here are the trusty steeds waiting for us - we also took the time to ooh and aah at each other's Pilots - wow a DVD player - wow a wood trimmed steering wheel. All concerned agreed that there was no better interior than Saddle leather!!:2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Thanks for those lovely pictures, 2GREENCARS!!! That certainly is a beautiful part of the country you visited -- we hope to take a road trip out west (including AZ) once the kids are a little older (2 years old and another just 2 weeks old is too young for any extended car trips). Thanks for sharing!!! :7:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Lookin' good under clear blue desert skies! Makes me want to hop on a plane for Phoenix right now, especially after a week of dreary, damp weather here in Maryland, My Maryland.

Not everyday one gets to eat inside a weathered Longhorn skull--sounds like the food, thankfully, is a match for the "authentic" ambiance!

Your trusty metal steeds looked very much at home going through their paces in the desert! Thanks for sharing the experience with the rest of us.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
absolutely great pictures....:D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Where is the Longhorn Grill? I'm heading down soon, I'll try it out? Thanks for the pictures. Thanks.

·
Registered
494 Posts
feliz,

I think I've seen this place somewhere south of Tucson near Nogales. If it's the same place. :rolleyes:

2GREENCARS,

How is Threadhead doing? It's been a while since my wife and I seen him and his family. :confused:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tony said:
feliz,

I think I've seen this place somewhere south of Tucson near Nogales. If it's the same place. :rolleyes:

2GREENCARS,

How is Threadhead doing? It's been a while since my wife and I seen him and his family. :confused:

Talked to Threadhead several times this week re: GPS devices - The Threadheads got us HOOKED on geocaching! :2: Not sure why Threadhead's not been posting...Perhaps too busy w/ my questions! :p

Re: location of the Longhorn Grill - I 19 Arivaca Rd. exit, I believe - call for directions -

mapquest link - http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=&city=amado&state=AZ&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map

LONGHORN GRILL
28851 S. Nogales Hwy.
Amado, AZ. 85645
PH: 520-398-3955

1 - 18 of 18 Posts