Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thx for the review.

I was doing some thinking regarding the seating and the percentages for me are:

97% - just my wife driving(she uses it for work)
2% - me and my wife in the car - trips and visit family
.08% - more than two people and less than 5
.02% - more than 4 people

Conclusion. The third row is good in a pinch situation. Otherwise it will barely be used by us.

·
Registered
804 Posts
mrvincent said:
Conclusion. The third row is good in a pinch situation. Otherwise is will barely be used.
...but with it folded down, the floor height is still the same or lower than truck-based SUV's. So, the third row seat is practically a freebie!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Positive Review ?

Piloteers,

Yikes ! In my opinion that was easily the most tepid review of the Pilot I have ever read. The authors makes the Pilot sound like a pretty bland vehicle with few redeeming features.

Good thing we test-drove one before we read too many reviews like this. Honda "plays to the crowd in the general admission seats." Harrumph.

That may be true, but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that all those folks in the "luxury suites" buying X5s and M-classes will have more than buyer's remorse to deal with in a few years.

Good luck to them; we'll take the Pilot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Newspaper reviews

I find very few Newspaper Auto reviews willing to "really do a review and speak their mind". They are afraid of having local dealers stop advertising. I hear Car dealer adds are where the big bucks are in Newspapers. Most paper reviews are merely a description of the car, much like the Manufacturer propaganda.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Positive Review ?

Yikes ! In my opinion that was easily the most tepid review of the Pilot I have ever read. The authors makes the Pilot sound like a pretty bland vehicle with few redeeming features.

Good thing we test-drove one before we read too many reviews like this. Honda "plays to the crowd in the general admission seats." Harrumph.

I do agree with this statement... I've heard similar comments from other reviewers... And, yes newspaper ads to "run the paper." I can speak from experience as both a Public Relations guy, and someone who is married to human resources person for the very paper quoted.... But, the guy did like the car, and there have been a few cases where he's dinged cars for performance, etc.

Just thought you'd want to read it. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Most paper reviews are merely a description of the car, much like the Manufacturer propaganda.
Too bad the reviewer couldn't get that right!
From the article...
Like the MDX, Pilot is equipped with a Variable Torque Management four-wheel-drive system, which works in rear-drive only unless it detects wheel slippage, when it provides up to 50 percent of the torque to the front wheels as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts