Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to take the Pilot over to White Tank Mountain for a few shots. I needed the Standard Sahuaro Cactus Shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sun was setting so the rest of these picts are darker.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a great shot.

Note: The moon is high on the horizon.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This last shot is of the rocky trail out. I didn't want to turn on the lights. It looks darker than it really was.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Very nice ... very nice ... So, that's what a cactus looks like !!!

The PILOT just blends right into the background ...

:29:

PrG

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cool pix Tony! Like the last shot on the trail. Sandstone is a nice color, perfect fit for AZ desert.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Awesome. Brings back memories of Arizona.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Pilot in the desert

...picks up the color of the sunset so well! Thanks for the posted photos.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tony said:
We decided to take the Pilot over to White Tank Mountain for a few shots. I needed the Standard Sahuaro Cactus Shot.
GMTA Tony! (laughing) I just got back from taking photos down near Bumble Bee, just north of Black Canyon City. Finished up with what I had to do in Verde and shot down there. So, here are MY pictures to go along with yours.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Copperpoppy,
The sun hitting your Pilot at different angles seens to change the color.

Kinda cool!:cool:

Great picts!

Maybe that's where we should go on Sunday, all the way up to Crown King. It would be through all environments. From the heat of the Desert up to the cool Pine Forests while travelling on gravel and dirt roads.

Just an idea.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tony said:
Maybe that's where we should go on Sunday, all the way up to Crown King. It would be through all environments. From the heat of the Desert up to the cool Pine Forests while travelling on gravel and dirt roads. Just an idea.
Well, both of you are in Phoenix, and I'm in Prescott. It would be cool to go from cactus to pines. I have a friend who belongs to a 4-wheeling club here, le'me see what he says, ok? There are some amazing places around here.

You know, when we first got to Arizona, I was enamored with the idea of the different weather conditions. Being from Michigan, I could not conceive of precisely what people were talking about. How could there be snow on the ground and people skiing in Flagstaff and have it be 90 in Phoenix? So, one Sunday after church, we drove to Flagstaff and took a ton of photos. Went to the Snow Bowl and got snow pictures in front of the magestic pines. Then, wearing the exact same clothes, we shot down to Phoenix and took photos in front of the palm trees with people wearing shorts in the background. I sent them to our friends in Michigan. Just like me, they still don't get it.

Sorry for drifting but, I still think that was one of the coolest things I ever did here. :)

Anyway, see what Thread thinks and we'll start to narrow this down a bit, K?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice pictures Tony !

You may want to add some of them to the Family Photo Album.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ignore my last comment. I saw the pictures in the Album as well.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey Tony,

I have been meaning to tell you that I think your Sandstone LX looks really good with the black strip down the side. I have the Sandstone EX, and with all the black on it, I can envision the black strip you have really looking good! Sandstone looks really good with the black accents, inside and out!

·
Registered
307 Posts
wow one of the few places ive been in Arizona is prescott

·
Registered
698 Posts
whitepilot said:
wow one of the few places ive been in Arizona is prescott
You've been to Prescott, eh? Coolest. So, what brought you to Prescott? Family? Friends? The World's Oldest Rodeo?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks catbert,

I tend to like the LX trim better than the EX. I think it's the contrasting look.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts