Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

Last time I checked, Westin and WAAG were still in the R&D stages.

Aries Offroad has one out now.

http://www.magellan-net.com/clients/ariesoffroad/
Phone: 1-888-800-2743
Address (for those in So Cal): 824 E. Anaheim St, Wilmington (x of Dominguez)

I had a very good experience dealing with [email protected] He said he'd be willing to pass along the deal he gave me to anyone else from this board (or hondasuv.com). Just tell him that the guy with the black Pilot sent you (no, I don't get any commissions or kickbacks).

Cost: $300.00 for the brush guard and hardware - $100.00 for a pair of taillight guards. (Prices don't include tax or shipping and handling if either is applicable).

Installation took about 90 min (instructions weren't that great). Now that I've done one, the next one would probably take 45. No drilling required, but some minor cutting is necessary (slots for the lower brackets on the lower front splash shield and some "hidden" plastic needs to be "removed" from the underside of the upper radiator plastic shield (the plastic cover that is directly underneath the hood latch release lever).

PIAA 580's upcoming...

pic 1/3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic 2/3 front view

yes, my car needs a wash... note, in addition to the two large lower brackets, there are two small brackets that "feed" through the upper grille

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pic 3/3 side view

Almost forgot, the headlight grilles (they are actually frames) are Removeable (phillips screws)!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS Sorry I didn't take any pictures during the disassembly/assembly process. I was under a time constraint.

If anyone decides to DIY, I'll take some more pictures that would help with the installation.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Samuel2003: That grille looks really sharp on your Nighthawk Black Pearl!!! There is a similar NBP with a similar grille roaming the highways here in MD that I see from time to time and each time, I think to myself, "Man, that looks nice!!" :4: :17:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Thanks Kemosabe! :)

I keep forgetting to mention things:

The whole unit weights about 70 lbs (according to Danny). After installation, the front end of my car Does feel heavier and you can notice the added weight when going over dips (more front end "bounce").

I'm still breaking the car in so I can't tell you how much the brush guard has affected (if at all) the acceleration and handling abilities but I'm sure 70 lbs right at the front of the car will do Something. Also, this is the first brush guard I've owned so I can't compare the quality and build of the Aries model to any others. IMO, it looks well made and feels sturdy enough...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts