2003-2008 are all interchangeable.
235 70R16

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
235 70R16
Just to make sure, I'm not asking about interchanging the tires, I'm asking about swapping the whole wheels: is everything compatible as regards to the wheels: bolt pattern, etc.? Thanks

Bolt circle pattern

5 lug 4.5 inch or 114.3mm Positive Offset
Please explain: is this different between the 2005 Pilot and later years? Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
317 Posts
Basically same wheels (with different finishes) from 2003 until the introduction of the tpms system, the wheels had a counterbalance installed to offset the tpms sensors. The wheels otherwise look the same.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Please explain: is this different between the 2005 Pilot and later years? Thanks
For the first gen Pilot stick with the #s I posted as the 2nd or 3rd gen wheels won’t bolt on. Other Hondas wheels from the Accord or TL etc may bolt on but may have a different load rating so ymmv

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,991 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
235 70R16
I concur. When I bought my 08 Pilot a couple months ago the rear tires were so worn on the inside that the belts were showing. I bought two 03 or 04(the grey finish) rims that had decent Michelin premier LTX rubber. I swapped the front to back and put the 03 rims on the front without issues. Well, the TPMS light came on but no biggy.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,613 Posts
Well, the TPMS light came on but no biggy.
Some people can live with it, some people simply can't. :)

Can
Can't
Well, the TPMS light came on but no biggy.
That said, in the battle of the titans between my OCD and my cheap bastardness, this time the former won out and has been appeased, since on the way home the TPMS light did not come on, nor did it for a nice little pleasure drive this evening.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,613 Posts
That said, there should be no tolerance for riding on tires this far gone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That said, there should be no tolerance for riding on tires this far gone. View attachment 150869

I know right! When I bought it I told the guy and he shrugged and said tires are cheap (like he blocked it as a negotiation chip) probably not realizing how bad it really was as it was hard to see on the inside. I wasn't taking my kids anywhere on these and took them off right away.
Funny thing is he wanted to postpone the sale so his wife could take it on a trip to see family... I needed it for a camping trip that weekend so was strong and probably saved his wife's life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts