Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 EX with 145k miles here. This is the test where it’s in gear, one foot on the brake, one foot revving the engine. I’m not seasoned enough to know what the window of tolerance looks like for these motor mounts. Looks like the front mount might be bad?? The mount I can see on the passenger side shows no cracking or anything. Looks good. The front mount made an audible click while doing this test (while in drive only, not in reverse). I uploaded the video to YouTube.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2008 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the offer! I’d love to see yours for comparison.
Also would like to know what you think about which mounts are bad on mine. All? Just the front?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Those look perfectly fine. No way I would replace unless I was a masochist that felt like a good two day knuckle and arm scraping session.

·
Registered
2008 EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s great news! Thanks for the feedback y’all!

I’ll just check on them when I change the oil to see if anything has changed.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
I'd say the front mount is not as firm as it was new. If the engine is riding up to the stop assembly bracket, it's time for a new mount.

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
As someone who just replaced both recently I will say this: leave it the hell alone until you start getting error codes or see them leak/rubber torn and/or you really hear it click/bang when you run this test you just did.

I had HONDA Tech and a bunch of others diagnose bad mounts (while chasing a vibration issue) and they could still stay on with no ill effects and vibration was caused by something else.
The ones I removed looked fine and new ones are only marginally stiffer.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Wish we had a control video with known bad motor mounts on same gen PIlot to compare.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Wish we had a control video with known bad motor mounts on same gen PIlot to compare.
OK, found a control for compare and contrast purposes.

So yeah, if it isn't necessary, consider yourself fortunate, as changing motor mounts seems to have the effect of inspiring a cascading blue streak of "technical" terms.

NSFW

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
OK, found a control for compare and contrast purposes.

So yeah, if it isn't necessary, consider yourself fortunate, as changing motor mount seems to have the effect of inspiring a cascading blue streak of "technical" terms.

NSFW View attachment 143890

Lol, 1st video would definitely prove bad engine mounts, but I'd say they were bad long before this video was taken.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
Motor mounts?

Not on a transverse V8, but my cousin Randy had a 67 Mustang with a 289 4 speed in it (yes, a manual tranny),

He had large bolts and turnbuckles near his engine mounts to hold the engine! Who needs motor mounts? LOL

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
How can you hold these things so still and rev it that much buy just holding the brakes? Wow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts