Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Are there any parts from the Acura MDX that fit a 2022 Pilot

1827 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  96firephoenix
I just bought a FWD 2022 Special Edition Pilot and I am wondering if the Acura Sway Bars fit. along with any other parts that would be a bolt in upgrade. Thanks in advance.....
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
i currently use a 2003 acura mdx, love it. over the years its mileage has been coming down significantly. i have seen it deliver 24mpg on hway and 20mpg in city but now in midwest winters its come down to 14 mpg, i guess the constant running heater affects the mpg significantly. during non-winter, i get 16.5 - 19.5 mpg for short (<10 m) commute.

· Registered
107 Posts
i currently use a 2003 acura mdx, love it. over the years its mileage has been coming down significantly. i have seen it deliver 24mpg on hway and 20mpg in city but now in midwest winters its come down to 14 mpg, i guess the constant running heater affects the mpg significantly. during non-winter, i get 16.5 - 19.5 mpg for short (<10 m) commute.
its not running the heater that kills gas mileage but the cold air to gas ratio since cold air is more dense, it also creates more drag, along with idling your car to heat it up, weaker blends of gas etc etc etc..

· Registered
2014 Acura MDX
3 Posts
I just bought a FWD 2022 Special Edition Pilot and I am wondering if the Acura Sway Bars fit. along with any other parts that would be a bolt in upgrade. Thanks in advance.....
I know this is an older thread, but I've got some useful information to drop off in here. For the most part suspension wise, the 2014-2020 MDX and 2016-2022 Pilot are the same. There's a lot of characteristic differences that mean the parts are not "interchange" parts, but can be exchanged - the struts share mounting points on the MDX and Pilot, but the Pilot is a little stiffer springs due to being a little heavier, and slight ride height differences..

The Ridgeline rear sway bar is noticably stiffer (as well as having a couple aftermarket choices) and installs directly to the rear - on the MDX I had to drill out the rear spindle to accommodate the slightly larger sway bar end links, so pilot may need to as well. It does interfere slightly with the spare tire mounting location, so if you have a full size spare you might want to pass.

The only part that I would say you'd want to swap from the 3rd Gen MDX would be strut assemblies, for a slightly lowered ride height, and probably a softer ride.

· Registered
2014 Acura MDX
3 Posts
Acura usually puts a double wishbone on the front of everything including the MDX where as the pilot gets a civic style cheap macpherson setup.
The MDX does not have a double-wishbone suspension except the newest generation. Not sure where you got your information on that, but the 02-21 MDX all had mcpherson strut front suspensions.

There were a few years where the MDX had stiffer sway bars than the pilot, which I think is where the original post question came from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts