Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Pilot
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see OEM timing belt kits on eBay for a fraction of the price of the OEM parts on the OEM parts sites. Could these pats be counterfeit? If I were to buy one of these kits is there anyway to verify that the parts are not counterfeit?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I see OEM timing belt kits on eBay for a fraction of the price of the OEM parts on the OEM parts sites. Could these pats be counterfeit? If I were to buy one of these kits is there anyway to verify that the parts are not counterfeit?
I've used a few of these ebay OEM's timing belt kits on my beater Hondas. I haven't had any issue. But I wouldn't want to use them on my newer ones though. Go with Aisin which is basically OEM.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought an accessory serpentine belt ( Mitsubishi 56992-R70-A01 ) from a Honda dealer on Ebay. The belt has NO brand marking on it. It seems to me that Mitsubishi would stamp their own name on their product. Is it a knock off?

...it did have the cardboard Honda sleve, but that could have easily been picked out of the trash in the service department.

·
Registered
11,741 Posts
I bought an accessory serpentine belt ( Mitsubishi 56992-R70-A01 ) from a Honda dealer on Ebay. The belt has NO brand marking on it. It seems to me that Mitsubishi would stamp their own name on their product. Is it a knock off?

...it did have the cardboard Honda sleve, but that could have easily been picked out of the trash in the service department.
The only parts I buy from ebay are inanimate. A fender well liner, plastic under cover. A used power steering reservoir. A used back up light housing etc. etc. There is a good chance that if it has a Honda label and it's not a Honda dealership, it may be bootlegged to the US from another country or it's counterfeit. Do you know and trust who your buying from?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,230 Posts
If you want OEM Honda parts at ~30% discount from list price, check this site out. They are Majestic Honda located on the east coast. Granted there are some items you will want to purchase aftermarket or as a kit from a trusted seller, but this dealership has saved me money in parts compared to my two local west coast stealerships.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,501 Posts
eBay sellers are like carnies. You might walk away happy with your experience...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts